Weekends

Options
Seems like the medifast diet is easy to stick to on the weekdays, but does anyone have any weekend suggestions to keeping on track?

Replies

• amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would say as much as u can stick to a routine during the weekend and be sure u r always in control and prepared for your success in your surroundings;)
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Why is the weekend different than the weekdays? It's a daily routine.
  • gardengirlkp
    gardengirlkp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    the only difference on weekends vs weekdays was making lean and green meals that took longer to make. Since I stayed OP for 40 weeks and they were pretty much the same. Good habit for weight maintenance.
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I definitely have more of a 'TGIM" routine rather than TGIF on MF for sure (Thank Goodness it's Monday, lol). I try to use the weekends to be active, but the hardest part for me is not having a glass or 3 of wine Fridays and Saturdays. By Sunday morning, I breathe a sigh of relief that those 2 days are over! I'm only on day 15, though, so I'm sure this will become less of an issue as I continue (I hope!)
  • jamillea
    Options
    I have to say that this is the first weekend that I have felt like this is a lifestyle not a diet. (Began week 5 on Friday). The first few weeks, I couldn't wait for Monday so that I would just be at work and could work the plan. So from my perspective, it just takes time to get in the mindset. (but I have a had drink every now and again in the past 4 weeks - and most likely will make this decision from time to time in the coming 4 weeks ... )

Only a few hours 'til Monday!
    J
  • littleredjd
    Options
    We have a lot of eating habits on the weekends that have nothing to do with hunger. They are hard habits to break. Like snacking while watching football. Making pancakes, bacon, & eggs on Saturday mornings. Drinking alcohol. Focus on eating for what it is: sustenance. It is not a recreational activity nor a spectator sport. Enjoy what you eat, but don't eat for enjoyment.
  • cxdieselxm
    Options
    Just seems like I am out and about much more so its a little harder to stick to the plan, especially when people im with are not on it
  • cxdieselxm
    Options
    Words of wisdom!
  • emmaruns
    Options
    Well said Littlered!!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Why is the weekend different than the weekdays? It's a daily routine.

This!
  • emmaruns
    Options
    For me the weekend is different, not in what I do day in and day out, but from what I USED to do on weekends. Go out for big dinners and drink :) But it is getting easier every week!
  • calla130
    Options
    Most of our week is very scheduled due to work, school, etc. To the degree that you can plan out your weekends (log food, schedule meals, etc.), you can also develop weekend routines, even if they vary from weekend to weekend. The key is to plan and have a back-up plan. In the beginning, I found it easiest to eat my L&G early and take on-the-go meals for the remainder of the day. I also always have extra on-the-go meals in my purse and car. Some people need to avoid certain activities until their feet are firmly planted in the plan, such as going to a favorite bar if it's too difficult to sip Perrier instead of ordering an alcoholic beverage. It does get easier with time and success, but one has to be willing to allow for the passage of that time.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Most of our week is very scheduled due to work, school, etc. To the degree that you can plan out your weekends (log food, schedule meals, etc.), you can also develop weekend routines, even if they vary from weekend to weekend. The key is to plan and have a back-up plan. In the beginning, I found it easiest to eat my L&G early and take on-the-go meals for the remainder of the day. I also always have extra on-the-go meals in my purse and car. Some people need to avoid certain activities until their feet are firmly planted in the plan, such as going to a favorite bar if it's too difficult to sip Perrier instead of ordering an alcoholic beverage. It does get easier with time and success, but one has to be willing to allow for the passage of that time.
    This is wonderful advice. I find the weekends hard too, because I am so busy with work I barely have time to get lunch and I don't find myself hungry until I get home. Weekends are harder because I am cooking stuff for my son.