Day 6

Options
Awesome job on completing Week 1! You should be so proud of yourself for getting through this week . . . I know it wasn't easy. How is everyone feeling?

Me? I'm feeling GREAT! Today is Kenpo X for me. I'm going to BRING IT! (I must admit that my calves are quite sore from the workout yesterday, but that is a good sore, and I'll take it.)

Have a great Saturday, and don't forget to PP (push play)!!!

Replies

• angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    GOOOOOOD Morning all!

It's StretchX for me today, and then I will have officially completed every video in the Lean series. I'm changing my nutrition TODAY! No more excuses!
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    This is what I posted in my FB group earlier this morning.

"P90X peeps, if you are following Phase 1 (Fat Shredder) for the first phase, this stage is designed to cut down our body fat percentage. If you are trying to get rid of body fat, this is the phase you should be following. The nutrition guide tells you that as you are reducing your body fat percentage, your available energy will also decrease. That is why it is SO important to fuel your body properly in order to not lose steam and CRASH. Carbs normally do that for you, be we are eating low carb during this phase to get rid of body fat (which I personally need to do). Therefore, I choose to drink the E&E (Energy and Endurance) because I need the energy. I am used to eating lots of fruit which gives me that energy, but you will notice that on the Fat Shredder program there is almost NO fruit. The menu plan has protein shakes, protein bars, recovery drink and protein powder there for a reason. He knows this is what your body is going to need. Am I telling you to buy it? No! I just want you to understand what your body needs. It's up to you how you decide to provide that. For me, I want the maximum results from this program, and so I am doing everything I can to fuel my body to get those results. I will say that I probably will never want to eat another egg or tuna after this phase is finished :)

I want you to educate yourselves about what makes your body work the most efficiently to lose the weight and become healthy. After all, that is our goal!

Feel free to ask any questions or comment. Don't be shy :)"
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    Kenpo X is in the books. HRM shows I burned 780 calories. If the amount of sweat rolling off of me is any indication, that would be right!
  • angeljamin
    Options
    Completed StretchX...the calorie burn was disappointing, only 214. Not sure what I was expecting from a video called stretch :tongue:

Maybe I will feel up to a workout before bed....
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    Completed StretchX...the calorie burn was disappointing, only 214. Not sure what I was expecting from a video called stretch :tongue:

Maybe I will feel up to a workout before bed....

Your body needs the rest so don't overdo it. Follow the schedule. Your body needs time to recover. It's not good for it to burn so many calories EVERY day.

So proud of you for PP (pushing play) today. Good job!
  • kristimcb2605
    Options
    Hello,

Well, week 1 didn't go well for me. I had too many cases of light headedness after workouts and am going to re-evaluate my diet plan this week. I don't think I can do Phase 1 for the eating plan. So I will be starting Week 1 over again next week. If the light-headedness continues, I may have to discontinue P90x until I talk to my doctor. Boo Hoo...:frown:

Kristi
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    Hello,

Well, week 1 didn't go well for me. I had too many cases of light headedness after workouts and am going to re-evaluate my diet plan this week. I don't think I can do Phase 1 for the eating plan. So I will be starting Week 1 over again next week. If the light-headedness continues, I may have to discontinue P90x until I talk to my doctor. Boo Hoo...:frown:

Kristi

How many calories are you eating? You should be eating at least 1800 calories a day.
  • angeljamin
    Options
    I made it through Core Synergistics! I was about to give up at the 20 minute mark, but I powered through it to fail! I was literally crawling to my mat for the cool down, but it felt awesome to have completed it! 495 calories gone, plus over 200 earlier and I've burned more than 700 calories today!

Sheila I didn't read your post until I had already completed Core; but thanks for the support, it's much appreciated! Thanks for getting me off of my butt with your emails! :happy:
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    I made it through Core Synergistics! I was about to give up at the 20 minute mark, but I powered through it to fail! I was literally crawling to my mat for the cool down, but it felt awesome to have completed it! 495 calories gone, plus over 200 earlier and I've burned more than 700 calories today!

Sheila I didn't read your post until I had already completed Core; but thanks for the support, it's much appreciated! Thanks for getting me off of my butt with your emails! :happy:

I am so freaking proud of you! That's the way to power through!!! Go look in the mirror! You see that lady looking back at you? She's a winner! Great job!

I am here to help you in any way I can. Let me know if I can help.
  • Eafears
    Eafears Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I meant to respond to this yesterday but I forgot. Kenpo was awesome, it may be my favorite workout. Plyo was my fav of the week until yesterday. :) It was a great workout and but not too challenging. I think my years of Turbo Jam really helped with that. I still don't have my HRM it shoul be here today or tomorrow so until then I am only estimating cal burns. I think about 500 for Kenpo. Glad you all had a good day!

Kristi, outside of how many calories you are eating you may be going to fast or trying to do too much. Start slower, don't do as many reps. Slow and steady may help. You will still get your heart rate up and still get a good workout. A few years ago when I first started working out I used to get light headed, especially during cardio my dr said just because I could keep up with the video didn't mean I should. just thought I would pass that along.
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    I meant to respond to this yesterday but I forgot. Kenpo was awesome, it may be my favorite workout. Plyo was my fav of the week until yesterday. :) It was a great workout and but not too challenging. I think my years of Turbo Jam really helped with that. I still don't have my HRM it shoul be here today or tomorrow so until then I am only estimating cal burns. I think about 500 for Kenpo. Glad you all had a good day!

Kristi, outside of how many calories you are eating you may be going to fast or trying to do too much. Start slower, don't do as many reps. Slow and steady may help. You will still get your heart rate up and still get a good workout. A few years ago when I first started working out I used to get light headed, especially during cardio my dr said just because I could keep up with the video didn't mean I should. just thought I would pass that along.

I enjoyed Kenpo also, but I'm paying for it this morning!
  • kristimcb2605
    Options
    Hi Shelia,

I think you are right, but it is strange because I can do 3 mile hikes, mow my yard, and do major gardening all in one day (today) and not get lightheaded. I eat my workout calories and make sure I have a carb...but I want to talk to my doctor first.

Kristi
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    Hi Shelia,

I think you are right, but it is strange because I can do 3 mile hikes, mow my yard, and do major gardening all in one day (today) and not get lightheaded. I eat my workout calories and make sure I have a carb...but I want to talk to my doctor first.

Kristi

You are always right to consult with your doctor when you don't feel right.