coffee?

Options
ANother crossfitter here that is starting to transition to Paleo. For those coffee drinkers what is a good substitute for milk? Is Almond milk in coffee gross? any suggestions? Not sure I can drink my coffee black thanks!

Replies

• sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bulletproof coffee?
  • zellagrrl
    Options
    http://fastpaleo.com/coconut-milk-coffee-creamer/

Husband loved this. I drink a lot of tea, so...
  • jodester13
    jodester13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I initially tried coconut milk. It was ok the first couple days -- but then I thought it was pretty aweful. As a result, I know love my coffee black -- never thought that would happen!
  • may052805
    may052805 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Seriously, google "Bulletproof Coffee".
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    having one right now for late breakfast.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I can sometimes drink it black but on days with BP coffee, I put in grass fed butter, MCT oil and coconut milk. It's deliciously creamy and goes down smooth, almost too smooth. Both the MCT and the coconut milk are thermogenics, so it starts my day off right, kickstarting my metabolism.

If you absolutely cannot do BP coffee, or coffee with coconut milk, why not just have full-fat organic half & half? If you can tolerate it (no sinus, gastrointestinal or acne side effects), there is no need to exclude dairy. You CAN do Primal without fear of rejection by the Paleo-sphere, even if your dairy is in small amounts.
  • may052805
    may052805 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I second bulletproof or coconut milk. Surprisingly, I'm starting to like it black too:)
  • hilary57
    Options
    buy some really good coffee beans and grind them fresh every morning ... you may find you enjoy the taste of the coffee bean and will no longer want to cover it up with creamers. I used to be heavy on the sweetners and creamers ... now I want nothing between me and the taste of a good roasted coffee bean. ;)