Anyone have trouble with W6 D2?

AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
I bonked D2 of week 6 today. I think it's more that I shouldn't have tried to eat yesterday - my daughter's first day of school ever was today and I was emotional, my head wasn't in the game, I really didn't eat much last night because I was emotional...so I think that's more the culprit than the run itself, but I did my first 10 minute interval. For the second, I got 3 minutes in and just couldn't do it any more - couldn't force it. I have a feeling stress had my pace too quick for the first interval and I burned out, but just wondering if anyone else ever has issues with this run.

Replies

• Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    I made it through W6D2 ok but bombed D3. I went back a little since it had been a while since I had been running. I'm working on increasing my speed during this bit of backtracking.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    I didn't even try D2 again today - just went straight to D3 and did fine. Wednesday was a mental stumbling block, not a physical one; I'm ready for long runs. -waves goodbye to intervals-
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Will let you know tomorrow.. I nailed it on Wk6/Day1.. but I usually go an extra couple runs & do some HIT intervals on them too. On my off days I try to do 4 miles walk/jog/anything..
  • LvLite
    I did it today .. almost but then I decided to try to do it again :)

So I ended up 10 / 3 / 8 / 10 / 5 / ? totalled 71 mins.. but I kept hitting "pause" during it (accidently) so I don't know how long I ran the 2nd leg of the 2nd time.. did a couple HIT sprints too.. 30 secs each. It was a perfect day today.. nice cool breeze and lots of shade. Felt like I could have kept going and going and going but had to stop & probably would have collapsed if I continued.

I usually run on the treadmill due to scheduling so I think the hills and the wind really made it tougher as the 2nd leg had a big ol' hill to go up.
  • farmmandy
    farmmandy Posts: 11 Member
    I'm jealous you had shade and wind!!! It's so hot and humid here in Georgia!!!!
  • LvLite
    I'm jealous you had shade and wind!!! It's so hot and humid here in Georgia!!!!

It's not usually.. I live in San Antonio, TX and has been hot & humid too. . cannot wait for fall the BEST time (in my book) to run.. outside of spring :)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    I'm going to take a stab at D2 tomorrow morning, after the kids get on the bus. I did D1 on Friday night, so hopefully having that many days in between won't hurt me. But I'll sure miss those intervals when it's over! :sad: