I think it's a small victory!

Options
ASH0424
ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
So, I was takiing the kids to get ice cream, they had yogurt bars at home, but that's a different story.
Anyway, we have a DQ by the house and I had stressed myself out thinking about somethings that are bothering - so naturally I said, "I think I am going to get the Peanut Buser Parfait."
Then something went off in me and sad, "You're not even hungry. Why?"
And I have this inner convo with myself. It was an arguement really of wanting it vs. you don't need it.
Well I did get something, the Tropical Delight smoothie, 150 cal. for a small, and you know what I feel GOOD about that.
Did I totally master emotional eating/drinking at this point?
No, but I think the 150 cal. was the lesser of two evils and I am headed in the right direction.
Which for me is even know I am emotionaly eating!

Replies

• Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful! So much of weight loss is identifying triggers and knowing how to overcome them gradually. Congratulations :)
  • LastHopeForMe
    Options
    That's not a small victory, it's a huge one! You could understand and control yourself.
    Go on and try to do it in other occasions you will need it =)
    I hope to be able to do it myself one day, without having to fight against the food-is-my-best-friend me.

You had a great victory!
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's defintely a victory. Overcoming emotional eating isn't an all or nothing journey, it's a long series of making better food decisions. Good for you!
  • geisharunner219
    Options
    That's an awesome victory!!!!!
  • ASH0424
    ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, cause I really wanted the EVIL thing haha!!
  • celticgal101
    Options
    Any time I do that, I feel so good about it, so frustrating when I give in and "start tomorrow". Good for you!
  • lessofmeeachweek
    lessofmeeachweek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You definitely made a good choice!

I am working on a little cheat sheet to keep in my purse for going out. I figure if I know the calories of certain foods at different places then I will be last tempted to get the foods that I used to get and pig out on.