16 weeks until Christmas!

Options
whipa494
whipa494 Posts: 41 Member
Hey guys!
Just over 16 weeks till Christmas. What are your goals?
I want to lose 10 kg and be able to run 10 km. Is this unrealistic?

Replies

• Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It'd depend on your starting weight, I've lost 10kg since 20th July (only 1kg since starting MFP), but I was 35kg overweight. I've joined the "30lbs by christmas" group, 30lbs being approx 13kg, so a lot of people must think it's posssible!

The running- I don't know- I would like to think so!

As for only 16 weeks til Christmas- scary! I'm not a fan of Christmas =/
  • DougNewman
    DougNewman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have set myself a goal to get under 100kg by Christmas day. Have 11 kg to go so as the weather starts to improve gonna start the walking tnd gardening to help. I reckon it's a realistic goal.
  • jordyninja25
    jordyninja25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can definitely run 10k by Christmas! I'm training for a 10K, and doing the Couch to 10K (a 13 week training programme). However I was already a bit of a runner before I started so just make sure to look after yourself and try the Couch to 5K first if you decide. And you could probably lose the weight but don't get caught thinking the scales are a sign of success in this weight loss journey (just in case it gets a bit hard and doesn't quite happen as you expect!). Keep up the good work though, and good luck on your weight loss and lifestyle journey. I can't wait for Christmas, summer I need you in my life hehe!
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My christmas present to myself is to be under 80kgs :bigsmile:
  • 708Vivian
    708Vivian Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    By Christmas I want to be at my goal weight. 5kgs to go and 3 inches off my waist. I hear that the last few kgs are the hardest though :S
  • monicamcisaac
    monicamcisaac Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be at my goal weight by my birthday, which is just before Christmas. Only 5kg to go, but damn, it's the hardest 5kg to lose! I'd really like some new clothes for Christmas...
    As for the running, ugh no thanks! Some people are meant to be runners, some aren't.
    Good luck!! :wink:
  • sleeplesslions
    sleeplesslions Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is crazy! Not long until christmas! My goals by then are to lose the 6kgs that i've accumulated over my last year of uni! good riddance!
  • Dilite2
    Options
    I would love to lose 10kg by Christmas, and be regularly exercising, finding it hard to get motivation to get on the bike!! Not a fan on running, but aim on getting into more walking once daylight saving begins!! Looking forward to long summer nights :happy:
  • whipa494
    whipa494 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There is definitely motivation to exercise outside on nice nights. Who would think Dunedin would have a 20 degree day today in the middle of winter!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'd be really happy to be under 70kg by Christmas (78.7 now) and thrilled if I were 68!! Love it when the weather starts to warm up and I can walk in the evenings. Roll on daylight savings!
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well after almost a year I've finally got back on here! dusted of my HRM brought a Fitbit and i'm ready to go! I have put a lot of weight on in that year only to lose it all recently (wahoo) through calving season, which is almost over. I DONT WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN to where i was. I have almost half my body weight to lose to get into a health weight range and really need some people it kick me up my *kitten* to get me going so this doesn't happen again. I know that this works last time i was losing over 1kg a week with little effort but after a death and the family and mild depression for a large part of the last year I really want to get back into it and kick my *kitten* into healthiness!
  • wazzanz
    Options
    9kg more to lose -down to 90.

Have lost 6cm off the waist since last week of July so another 6cm be great too.
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I won't have seen a lot of my extended family for a few months - so I want to surprise them. (Not my grandfather though. Every time I see him he tells me I've slimmed down ... even when I went away for a year and put on 10kg.) But it's nice.