snacks to go with salsa?

Options
hipsgalore
hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
HI All,
I recently re-discovered salsa- it's great! are there any low carb foods that I can eat with the salsa?
ideas welcome!
thanks

Replies

• mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to put a little on my eggs. It can spice up baked chicken. I add a little to my taco salads (no shell of course).
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like to make cheese crackers to eat with it. Slice a piece of cheese n 4's place on a plate and microwave about 40 seconds or until they get crispy.. Also I microwave pepperoni slices and use those..
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Aside from no sugar, what kind of calories/carbs/fat should I be looking for in a store bought salsa? I used to love Old El Paso Medium Salsa.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I like pork rinds or pork cracklins with hot sauce and sour cream.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds are good. I also like celery or bell pepper sticks or cucumber slices
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds are good. I also like celery or bell pepper sticks or cucumber slices

I never thought about celery to dip in salsa. I'm going to try that!
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    I like using it on a taco salad...ground beef seasoned with taco meat, lettuce, onions, cheese, guacamole, salsa.

Southwestern omelets topped with salsa are good, too.
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    Oh, and sometimes I blend with melted cheese and sour cream or cream cheese to make a dip for the things others have already mentioned...pork rinds, celery, cukes.
  • ultrahush
    ultrahush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like mixing salsa into cottage cheese, or spooning some into the middle of an avocado half (which is relatively low carb).
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Crispy parmesan french beans (good for dipping)- par-boil the french/green beans and then coat in egg whites, roll in parmesan cheese (add crushed nuts or coconut flakes for extra texture if you like) then bake on a greased sheet for 10 mins until golden & crunchy.

Savoury flax muffin, sliced & toasted

Crushed macademia & coconut coated 'popcorn chicken' (Recipe in this group somewhere).

Carnitas/ grilled meats

Oh- Forgot to add Cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped Jalapeno peppers!!!
  • lizzybethanne
    lizzybethanne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG-- yum Crispy parmesan french beans !