60 Day Challenge!!! (Sacrafices)

Options

Replies

• ann2mauibeach
    ann2mauibeach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Excited and going to try!
    Sept to oct is only 30 days tho right, or am I reading it wrong?
    Anyway, going to Key West nov 1 so I'll do it til then! We will all be looking great!
    Whoop!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm in, especially since I realized like the previous poster that it's only a 30 day challenge and that my MFP's
    is much more doable for me! I have a birthday next month and would love to be at a healthy and comfortable
    weight. Bring it ON!
  • LeslieBSize6
    LeslieBSize6 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so in, even though I noticed that it is only 30 days. This is exactly what I need. I have the biggest sweet in town. I think that this challenge will be great for me. I will give it all that I've got. I am going to miss my nightly cup of tea. Here we go.
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I had a very good day food wise. I'm lucky that I've given up sweets etc 5 weeks ago so it is easier already.

I went walking with the dogs again today was about 40 min. I also did the bicep curls and squats. 30 of each.

Hoping you all had a good 1st day of the challenge.
  • snross1998
    Options
    Hello everyone today was a good day for me. I did have some milk with my cereal though, just a half cut!!! Water the rest of the day. I walked on the elliptical for 15 minutes and took an hour sculpt and sweat class. I also stayed under my calaries.
    I did the following strength training:

Bicep curls (3 sets of 8) with 10 lb weights and (1 set of 8) with 12 lb weights
    Upright row (3 sets of 8) with 10 lb weights
    Tricep dips (3 sets of 8) with 10 lb weights and (1 set of 8) with 15 lb weights
    Lateral Lifts (3 sets of 8)
    Frontal Lifts (3 sets of 8)
    Chest Flys (2 sets of 8) with 8 lb weights and (2 sets of 8) with 10 lb weights
    Overhead Press (4 sets of 8)
    Push Ups (4 sets of 10)
    Squats (5 sets of 10)
    Walking Lunges (3 sets of 10)

I'm glad to see that so many ppl are starting out strong!!! Lets keep up this momentum!!!
  • snross1998
    Options
    I don't know what I was doing when I put the dates in but this challenge will end on November 8th sorry!!! For those who thought it will end before your birthday I'm sorry for the confusion!!! I have my moments!!! So it starts today and end in 60 days, November 8th!!
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Day 1 really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be considering the fact that I have a major sweet tooth! As far as exercise, I'm doing the 30 Day Shred right now and if I'm not mistaken I did all of the required strength exercises with the exception of walking lunges...may do them after I rest up a bit from 30DS.

So Day 1 is down and all went well for me. I pray that everyone else had a great Day 1 as well.

Blessings,

Angel
  • ann2mauibeach
    ann2mauibeach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today was good eating/calorie wise, I was under goal. No sweets and only water(minus 1/2 coffee to wean me off - no Splenda in it). I walked about 90 min this am with the dog. Not so good with the strength today. Tomorrow will be better!
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in..... and crap I thought it started tomorrow.
    So I will be going strong tomorrow. But I do have a question.... what about drinking smoothies as a meal replacement? is that not okay for me with 5 kids sometimes its easier in the mornings to take a smoothie on the go as i drive kids to school rather than eat at 10 once I get back home..... if I come home.
  • snross1998
    Options
    Not everyone who said they were going to do the challenge logged in yesterday, I hope you guys log today. Don't give up before you start!!! I can't wait to hear all of the success stories at the end of this!!

I pray you all have a Blessed and Productive day!!!
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I didn't do any of the strength yesterday, but I did get my 30 minutes in. I also didn't do well on the no sweets. (birthday party).

I'll finish my logging tonight after I complete the strength exercies.
  • LouD76
    Options
    Hi girls,

I've had a good or so so day.. was under my calories, went for a walk a did some squat kicks, but no strength training.. sorry.. will try again tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good 2nd day. Oh and November 8th sounds perfect to me.. Need to drop as much as I can before the Christmas Holidays start.. can't believe it is that time of the year again...
  • Faraolaua
    Options
    Hi, guys! Hope everyone is doing well!=)
    YESTERDAY (on 9th) I did 60 mins class Body Works Plus Abs, then 70 mins cardio (elliptical) and burned lots of calories!
    TODAY (on 10th) I did 50 mins weight-lifting (Back & Biceps), around 10 exersices total, 4 sets * 12-15 reps, then 60 mins cardio (elliptical).
    Hope everyone has started a good week! Be active, guys! And be very motivated to accomplish your goals!=)
  • cjlooz60
    cjlooz60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in. this is a good challenge to help me get out of those dreaded 200's lbs. I am at 202 lbs, I always get close, but fall off wagon. so hopefully this challenge will help me plow right out of the 200s. started at 249 2yrs ago and just couldn't get past 200's. I am real excited!!

Sunday I participated in a bike ride, Spokefest 21 miles.
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For the past 2 days I have done 45 minutes cardio (mall walking where it is cooler), and all the strength exercises with modified push ups. My son just joined the Navy special Ops and is in boot camp. He can only have water, healthy food , no sweets and works out every day. Sounds like us. He is my inspiration. I want to look fit for his grad day.thanks for everyone's posts.
  • Dianafrance8
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing pretty good. I did a60 minute fast walk with my dog. He pulled me so I went faster thn I planned. Did all 10 strength exercises and drnk more than normal. I don't like exercise but his challenge is really motivating me. Thanks
  • Faraolaua
    Options
    Hi guys! Hope everyone is working out hard. Do not forget to drink LOTS of water! And smile=) cause it's very important!=)
    So, on 11th of Sept I did:
    FASTED CARDIO (early in the morning) - 75 mins(elliptical)
    HIGH INTENSIVE CURCUIT WORK-OUT by method of Mike Kazakov (afternoon) - 60 mins:
    Superset:
    Bench press (wide grip) - 4*15
    Bench press (close grip) - 4*15
    Superset:
    Barbell sumo squats - 4*12
    Barbell shoulder press - 4*15
    Superset:
    Assisted pull-ups - 4*12
    Barbell bicep curls - 4*15
    NO REST, max 15-20 secs. Its hard

+ hyperextension with 25 pound plate
    + abs
    + stretching

On Sept 12th (today), I did:
    Work-out:
    Superset:
    Seated leg extension - 4*15
    Lying leg curls - 4*15

Deadlift - 6*10
    Leg press - 6*15
    Plie with dumbell - 4*20
    CARDIO - 40 mins (elliptical)
  • Dianafrance8
    Options
    Great eating today . By getting rid of low carb, low cal treats, I have a suprising number of cals and carbs for healthy foods. Today, while waiting for my daughter at ballet class, I did my cardio walking on the beach. 6 months ago I didn't have the strength or confidence to o any of his. This is living.
  • LouD76
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Sorry I've not been on the challenge thread for last few days.. wasn't anywhere near my laptop.. just logged in every day via mobile.

I've had a really good first week on the challenge.. managed to drop 1.4kg (3.08lbs) this week .. *happiness*

I've been reading all the post and I'm so proud that you all are doing so well and keeping up with the challenge... Good job girls..

So for today, I was under my calories and I went walking with the dogs and family.. which was fun..

Have a great week guys..
  • Dianafrance8
    Options
    What a great weight loss. Good for you.