Thread for those who have gained 15+ pounds in the reset

Options
Yep, that's me. The scale told me 17.2 this morning, which on a smaller frame like mine doesn't exactly look too great. Nevertheless, I KNOW I can push through 3 or 4 more weeks if it means a lifetime of actually liking what I see in the mirror in the long run.

I'm not sure what the point of this is thread is, except maybe a safe haven and place of encouragement for those that could really use some right now. Hit me with it. How much have you gained? How much do you hope to lose? Or maybe, how much muscle do you hope to gain? What is the single most important thing you want after all of this is OVER?

Replies

• nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump. Anyone?
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well --- I didn't gain 15+, but I did gain 8. My goal is to lose at least those 8 and possibly 5 more (so 13 total). For me, it is about muscle gain and a decrease in body fat %. My bf goal is 20.

I reset for 12 weeks and just recently created a deficit.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    20lbs, BABY!!!!

AND COUNTING :tongue:

Lol. I'm so short that I now appreciate that 20lbs SO much more than I did 7+ years ago when I reset! :grumble: ROFL

higher weight = more FOOD! :love:

I eat more now than I did in my teens and 20s! LOVE :heart:

~Kiki
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    20lbs, BABY!!!!

AND COUNTING :tongue:

Lol. I'm so short that I now appreciate that 20lbs SO much more than I did 7+ years ago when I reset! :grumble: ROFL

higher weight = more FOOD! :love:

I eat more now than I did in my teens and 20s! LOVE :heart:

~Kiki

LOL, that everyone could come out of this as toned and strong as you! :smokin: It's just good to hear that I might learn to appreciate them later, but not necessarily have to be like "OH WOW! I JUST GAINED 20 FREAKIN POUNDS! BEST DAY EVER!" right away...:huh:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm currently around 28-29 pounds gained. Hang in there!!!! I started EM2WL at 213. I'm up to 241-ish. My goal weight is around 160. The single most important thing in this journey to me is to be HEALTHY. With this extra 28-29 pounds, I don't *feel* healthy ... but I hope it will come off soon. I have faith. I do know that I have cured my binge eating!! People told me for years I must have some inner battles that I try to quell with food. Little did anyone know, it was because I was on a VLCD and I was just hungry! :laugh:

Good luck to you. There is a lot of support on this board. Don't hesitate to ask questions!