GAHH need help with BMR/TDEE!

Hi everyone!

I am new to EM2WL, and I wanted to get some input about my BMR/TDEE. A little info about me...I am a 27 yo female, 5"4", 157 lbs., and my main goal is to maintain/build some muscle while losing fat. I recently started getting in shape, hired a personal trainer, and am working out about 4-5 days a week (plyometrics, HIIT, jogging, weights) in order to train for a paramilitary bootcamp...so I basically need to be super strong and get rid of my muffin top!! :P

Here are my stats from http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/:

(entered using 3-5 hours of moderate exercise and a 20% calorie reduction)
BMR: 1508
TDEE: 2337
Daily calories/cut value: 1870

Do these stats look correct for my goals? I want to be sure that I keep my muscle while losing fat. My estimated 40 carb/30 protein/30 fat breakdown is:

Carbs 187 g/day
Fat 62 g/day
Protein 140 g/day

Should I stay with 40/30/30 or should I change this?

From my understanding I should be eating 1870 cals every day (even on the days I don't workout...??), unless I burn more calories exercising and end up below my BMR, at which point I should eat back my exercise calories so that my net caloric intake is at my BMR. Um, right? lol. I guess I'm kind of confused because MFP projects my weight loss at only 0.1 lbs a week...

THANK YOU guys in advance!!! :) Happy eating! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Tahlij
    Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
    Looks spot on to me, MFP will say that small loss but remember it's not about the scale - tape measure is our friend :)

Enjoy :)
  • Thank you!! :)
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Bump!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 563 Member
    If you're not trying to lose tons of weight, I would go with a 10% cut to maintain the most muscle.
  • I would like to lose a good amount of fat though, mine is about 29% right now. I'm not sure how many pounds that would equate to, since I know the scale is a bad measure, but I'm estimating maybe 15-20 pounds
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 563 Member
    Still, the lower the cut, the more muscle you'll retain.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Hi there, I would suggest that you cut no more than 10%. If retaining muscle and gaining strength is your goal, you need to fuel your workouts. Put the scale away for a while because if you are new to working out and lifting, you will store more glycogen which means a possible spike on the scale and you will retain water to help repair your muscles. A smaller cut means you will hold more lean muscle mass and though it is hard to gain muscle at cut, there is a "new" lifter phenomenom (sometimes) where there is some gain in muscle even at cut.

In general we suggest macros of 40/30/30. I focus totally on the protein in which I try to hit 1gr of protein per lb of body weight. Focus on getting in the protein and the rest usually falls right in line.

Sorry this is so quick, but I wanted to jump in.

Please keep us posted on your progress!
    Lucia
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Oh, forget what MFP says for loss and such. If I went by that...well I won't rant.

Anyway, yes eat that amount everyday.
  • Hi there, I would suggest that you cut no more than 10%. If retaining muscle and gaining strength is your goal, you need to fuel your workouts. Put the scale away for a while because if you are new to working out and lifting, you will store more glycogen which means a possible spike on the scale and you will retain water to help repair your muscles. A smaller cut means you will hold more lean muscle mass and though it is hard to gain muscle at cut, there is a "new" lifter phenomenom (sometimes) where there is some gain in muscle even at cut.

In general we suggest macros of 40/30/30. I focus totally on the protein in which I try to hit 1gr of protein per lb of body weight. Focus on getting in the protein and the rest usually falls right in line.

Sorry this is so quick, but I wanted to jump in.

Please keep us posted on your progress!
    Lucia

bump to always remember this info:)
  • Thank you so much!! :)