schedule advice for the week before the 5K?

Options
Hi! I've learned so much from all the posts here... this is a really great group!!

I will finish the C25K program a week (8 days) before the 5K. (October 14 is the day!!)

I have never run a 5K before and was wondering what schedule people did the week before? Do you folks run every day?... and with what you do run, do you run at the same intensity all week?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Carolyn

Replies

• countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first 5K on Sunday too. I'm not technically done the program on the app but I have fast-tracked it a bit so I will be ready by run day. I asked my "seasoned" runner friends and they said not to run every day. If you give your body some time to rest then you'll run faster on run day. My good friend is running a 10K this weekend and she said she would be running Sunday (yesterday) and maybe again on Tuesday or Wednesday then not run until race day. I guess everyone has their own rituals but that's the advice I was given and what I will be doing. She did say that you can walk to keep your workouts up if you want but not to run. I'm interested to see what other people do too. Thanks for the post.
  • carolyn810
    Options
    thanks countrygal200... GOOD LUCK on Sunday!! Good advice from your friend - thanks for sharing! I actually have another month to go since my 5K is not until October 14 but I'm a planner. :)
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    This past week I ran Friday then Sunday, skipped two days and ran Wednesday, skipped two days again and my first 5K was on Saturday.
  • carolyn810
    Options
    cobracars... Congratulations on completing your first 5K! How did you do? Looking back now, would you have done anything differently?