Food on the Go

Options
Piqueaboo
Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
So, ladies, as I assume most of you are (have been) in full time jobs, I'm curious to find out what you usually have for lunch. To you grab a sub from Subway, or do you bring food from home? Do some of you go to Pizza Express?

I'm trying to get a better idea of healthy foods from the roads, and as I'm located in Farringdon, London, where there is simply too much street food on offer to chose wisely, maybe one of you has a better idea!

Replies

• laureldlyons
    laureldlyons Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tend to make enough for dinner each night to be able to bring some in for lunch each day. It can get a little boring but it's a lot easier to only have to prepare one healthy meal a day but because I know I'm eating if for two meals I tend to think about it a bit more and try to make it tasty. Plus it's less awkward than buying the ingredients you need for one serving of something.

If I do go for naughty lunch though I tend to pick either meat or carbs rather than have both xx
  • Poppy_WIWT
    Options
    Interesting you mention Farringdon, when I worked by Exmouth Market dieting seemed impossible ;)

I do find office life quite hard as even 'healthy' options at Pret etc tend to be rammed full of hidden trickiness!

I found packed lunches were the best, mainly because I like hot food if possible. I used to have lots of veg and a small portion of rice noodles a lot (stir 'fried' before bed super quickly in 1 cal spray, then re-heated at work) or quorn chili with a small amount of rice. I used to make a lot of salads too with beetroot, roasted sweet potato, spinach and canelini beans. I used to roast a load of veg (again in 1 cal spray) in one go and it would last three days or so as long as not mixed with the leaves 'til the day' etc.

I basically own a billion tupperwares.

Oh and I used to go to Itsu a bit (superfood salads or miso soup things) or go to M&S and get dim sum/low cal ready meals.

x
  • ellybellybalooba
    Options
    Eating at work can be the worst when there's nowhere 'healthy' to buy food....and you're too lazy to make your lunch!

I've got a Co-op near me and if I have to buy something i'll go for their tomato soup (1 serving 80 cals) and a salad, sometimes with some protein (they do cooked chicken and prawns in packets)

I used to do slimming world and replied on Mug Shots, but they're about 300 cals!!

I too like to make extra portions of my dinner as it cuts out cooking and prepping time! I'm all about saving time!!
  • adoniaw
    Options
    It's not the most interesting but I basically LIVE on soup and crackerbread in work.

It's generally under 150 cals per can of soup and less than 60p (I'm also saving up a deposit for moving house so yep, diet AND money saving, yikes!).

I'm now a soup expert and mixing them up has *so far* meant I don't get bored - Pea & Ham, Potato and Leek, Chicken Noodle, Minestrone...you name it, I have it tinned. I treat myself to one lunch of sushi (agree with Poppy, Itsu is WELL handy) or a Pod salad once a week to change things up.

Anyways - thought I'd share what was working for me :)

Adonia x