You attract what you ARE, not what you WANT

Options
13»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Id rather be alone and full of damn awesome than lower the bar and end up with someone that I will end up resenting because they arent my match.

I was kidding lady. I do not actually advocate settling for less than exactly what makes the individual happiest.

oh no no no no worries - that wasnt AT you, I was just talking!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Id rather be alone and full of damn awesome than lower the bar and end up with someone that I will end up resenting because they arent my match.

I was kidding lady. I do not actually advocate settling for less than exactly what makes the individual happiest.

oh no no no no worries - that wasnt AT you, I was just talking!

Phew! Just wanted to make sure, hahaa!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    An MFP friend asked me whether I could envision making out with the guy as a way to decide if anything might develop with time, and I could honestly say the idea made me sick to my stomach. So I promptly ended things before there was even a second date. The guy practically begged for another chance. I didn't let that go further. I figure if I can't imagine one kiss, nothing more will develop with time.

I feel the same exact way!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I once read that in order to GET the person you want, you have to BE the person you would want. I don't know if that makes sense, but at one point in my life I looked in the mirror and saw a chubby smoker. I know that I wouldn't be attracted to that in a partner, so I knew I needed to change before I would find the hunka burnin love I was looking for. So I got busy, lost weight and quit smoking and BOOM....met a hottie and fell in love.

(End of story: He moved in and made my life a living hell and now he's gone, thanks to the restraining order. OK, maybe that theory is wrong......:noway: ) Forget I said anything.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

This sounds so cliche, clever, and meaningless. I am a guy. I sure as hell don't want to attract a guy. Should I have a sex change?
  • hrshygrl00
    hrshygrl00 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that's always true.
    I tend to attract jerks, and I swear, I am NOT a jerk. :noway: :grumble:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that's always true.
    I tend to attract jerks, and I swear, I am NOT a jerk. :noway: :grumble:

hahaha!! Good point! :happy:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

This sounds so cliche, clever, and meaningless. I am a guy. I sure as hell don't want to attract a guy. Should I have a sex change?

silly billy! :noway:
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Clearly you are a very literal person, Dave :wink:

I am working on being the person I want to attract, so it's the same thing, but focusing on what I can control. I LOVE adventure and being active. I'm not a sit on the couch kind of girl... at least until my body says stop then I crash. I need to continue to improve myself and hopefully, the right guy will be there, bags packed, ready for a trip together around this crazy world. Good enough?

See, no sex change required?! heehee
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

I wish you would have responded sooner. :sad:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I think attracting the right person just comes down to timing.....the time you are at in your life, and where your "perfect match" is and if the timing is right it works.

Several years ago, my bf (who I later married--should have known), broke my heart. I met another guy who was wonderful from teh get go...he treated me like a princess, told me all the time I was beautiful, did all the right things, and he healed my heart. Unfortunately, he was in the Navy and got transferred to Guam. Maybe it iwouldn't have lasted, but he was exactly what I needed when I needed it. So, the timing just didn't work for us to be "perfect matches", but I needed him at the time (not realizing that until later). (Ended up getting back together with ex bf, later getting married, only to have heart broken again many years later!)
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I wish you would have responded sooner. :sad:

Geez, Dave, sounds like you were already planning one if it happened that quickly. Hope it works out for you?! It'll all be good as long as you're a C or D cup, or so I'm told... :laugh:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I think attracting the right person just comes down to timing.....the time you are at in your life, and where your "perfect match" is and if the timing is right it works.

Timing has a lot to do with things.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

My dad always said that luck is when opportunity meets preparedness.