Fiber

Options
AnR28
AnR28 Posts: 56 Member
Do any of you that eat paleo/primal/low carb have fiber goals? In general, what is everyone's opinion on how much fiber to eat? Do you find that you need to supplement it (Benefiber, etc.) to meet your desired amount on this type of lifestyle?

Thanks!!

Replies

• debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat primal for the most part and I don't really worry about fiber because I'm eating so many vegetables - especially the green leafy ones. I pretty sure I'm eating way more fiber than I was before I started eating primal even without all the grains.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much about fiber, but I do add some ground flaxseed into my daily diet to ensure my digestive system stays on track. I also make sure to have a good sized portion of low carb veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, etc with my dinner each night.

I stay away from fiber supplements, even on low carb or paleo there are much better natural sources of fiber for you to consume. I would consider something like that if I was constipated or having those types of issues. But 4 months into this lifestyle no such problems!
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I make the low carb muffin in a minute and it's 16 carbs, and then 10 of them are fiber. ;)

I am eating WAY less fiber than when I was low cal and low fat. But I don't think I needed all the fiber I was eating. I try to aim for at least 20, but it's no big deal if I don't. If you can't go #2... then I would worry. But if it's smooth sailing... you're all good!