Pure Insanity

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Hey all! I just wanted to post in here and introduce myself. My name is Sara, I'm 27 - and I'm INSANE!! :-)

I started Insanity on 8/6/12 and I'm not in my 4th week.I've lost about 13 lbs so far, and I'm not stopping here! It's been a struggle, I won't pretend it's easy at all. But I keep showing up to push play, and dig deep, and that's all anyone can do! I do find that when I have an especially bad day energy-wise, or I get irritated at something - working out helps tremendously with my ability to cope with the day that went wrong for whatever reason. I look forward to working out again. It's been years since I did that! :-)

Replies

• Rose2Power
    Options
    Hey all! I just wanted to post in here and introduce myself. My name is Sara, I'm 27 - and I'm INSANE!! :-)

I started Insanity on 8/6/12 and I'm not in my 4th week.I've lost about 13 lbs so far, and I'm not stopping here! It's been a struggle, I won't pretend it's easy at all. But I keep showing up to push play, and dig deep, and that's all anyone can do! I do find that when I have an especially bad day energy-wise, or I get irritated at something - working out helps tremendously with my ability to cope with the day that went wrong for whatever reason. I look forward to working out again. It's been years since I did that! :-)
    Well Nice to meet you Sara! & we love Insane people! :) Good to hear that you push yourself & has been pushing play everyday! If you ever have a hard day and feel like you can't keep going.. Just remember: when you feel like giving up, Think about why you started! Restarting is never fun trust me, I've been there. No fun ha :) Ever need help or advice, feel free to ask!
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey, I also started on the 6th. I'm half way through my 3rd week. Recovery week should be interesting. I heard its all yoga.. woo hoo *sarcasm*, I may have to call it curse week lol. I'm not the yoga-zen type.

Congrats on your current weight loss. that's awesome! I lost 2lbs the first week, which was purely nutrition. I agree with Ducks, the days that you don't want to do it are the most important ones. The biggest obstacles are the ones you impose on yourself.

I often find myself going through the same battles, even halfway during the workout, I'm still saying I DONT WANT TO. haha the mind is a beautiful yet terrible thing!

Keep up the good work!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Well Nice to meet you Sara! & we love Insane people! :) Good to hear that you push yourself & has been pushing play everyday! If you ever have a hard day and feel like you can't keep going.. Just remember: when you feel like giving up, Think about why you started! Restarting is never fun trust me, I've been there. No fun ha :) Ever need help or advice, feel free to ask!

Well thank you!! :-D
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Hey, I also started on the 6th. I'm half way through my 3rd week. Recovery week should be interesting. I heard its all yoga.. woo hoo *sarcasm*, I may have to call it curse week lol. I'm not the yoga-zen type.

Congrats on your current weight loss. that's awesome! I lost 2lbs the first week, which was purely nutrition. I agree with Ducks, the days that you don't want to do it are the most important ones. The biggest obstacles are the ones you impose on yourself.

I often find myself going through the same battles, even halfway during the workout, I'm still saying I DONT WANT TO. haha the mind is a beautiful yet terrible thing!

Keep up the good work!

LOL yea the rest week looks to be yoga based. I think the hardest part about next week for me is going to be doing the same workout 6 days in a row >_<.

My first week I lost about 7 lbs I think, it was crazy! Then 2nd week was about 3, 3rd week about 2. So I'm moving along nicely despite obstacles - I'm plowing through them. I have noticed that on days I want to skip the workout the most, actually end up being the days I workout the hardest oddly enough. I need to get a heart rate monitor, mine crapped out on me so I need a new one - it would be great to see how many calories I burn during these workouts. Especially since the Max workouts are coming soon.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hellozie!!

I am Angela I dont get my insanity set until Thurs/Fri time frame so ive just been doing the free online video pure cardio thus far as well as my own workouts until the disc arrive. Im excited about this journey though. I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and really need to get back in shape as I gained wayyyyyyyy to much weight while pregnant. Ive always loved high intensity cardio and circuit training type workouts so I think this will be great and a nice challenge!
  • Banzaix
    Banzaix Posts: 12
    Options
    I am also on the week before recovery, is anyone having an especially hard time getting through this week?
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    My recovery week starts on Sept 3.. will let you know how that goes. :) A bit nervous for month 2 though! I watched one of the videos just to satisfy my curiousity.. well lets just say I was sweating just by watching it! How will I last 60+ min of cardio!

oh haagen daas how i miss you LOL!
  • Desitweety
    Options
    hey yall!! I started this mon and ive already missed 2 days ;/ im starting all over again on the 3rd of sept ..i dont know why i always start then miss 4 days ..also im going to start logging in here everyday because yall make me want to do it everyday ;)
  • lovinlifelaura
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Laura. I'm preparing myself to start my first round of INSANITY on Monday (Labor Day -- how appropriate :)). I've been doing Turbo Fire workouts and hoping that those workouts will have me prepared for what is to come! Anybody else starting their first round of INSANITY on Monday?
  • mrsdobbers
    Options
    Hey y'all! I just finished my second week of Insanity! Today is rest day, thank goodness!!
    I did 7 weeks of the turbo fire program & stopped after a knee injury. My husband wanted to try this program so now we're doing it together to stay accountable. I'm so proud of him for sticking with it, he hasn't done any physical activity for about 8 years & really needed to get moving!!
    I have to admit I get frustrated that I burned a lot more calories from turbo fire, but I'm hoping to gain muscle & more definition with insanity. I don't follow a strict diet, but already eat pretty healthy. (I got burned out from logging every single thing I ate or drank while doing turbo fire). I don't think I've lost any weight, but I'm excited to measure again because I hope to lose inches.
    It's amazing that so many of you are seeing great results so quickly!!!!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Well I am starting Phase 2 today....and I am exhausted - naturally. I hope I can picky myself up before I get home so I can workout!!! I have the fit test and then Max Cardio CIrcuit....uuugggghhhhh! lol

For Month 1 I lost a total of 15.7 lbs and about 9" all over my body. I'm nervous and excited to see what Phase 2 does for me! :-)
  • Rose2Power
    Options
    Well I am starting Phase 2 today....and I am exhausted - naturally. I hope I can picky myself up before I get home so I can workout!!! I have the fit test and then Max Cardio CIrcuit....uuugggghhhhh! lol

For Month 1 I lost a total of 15.7 lbs and about 9" all over my body. I'm nervous and excited to see what Phase 2 does for me! :-)
    Great job! Keep up the hard work and push harder everyday!!
  • mrsdobbers
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 done!! I'm starting to feel stronger, but man these workouts still kick my butt! I can't believe this is the last of month 1!

@rosetears143, was it had to get back at it after that recovery week?
  • Rose2Power
    Options
    Nice job keep up the good work!!!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I've started over since I missed so many days my first go round. Now I'm on my second week of the first phase. Haven't lost any lbs (diet cheating) but I can tell I've lost inches. I don't plan to skip any days, but my joints are starting to feel achy all the time now and my hamstrings are a mess :-(. Did anyone else experience this when they first started? does the discomfort go away?
  • Banzaix
    Options
    I am on month 2 week 2 and at first felt all the aches and pains; I included at least 1 banana a day into my diet and it really helped with that cramping achy feeling. I also started to include more almonds and avocados into my diet and my body felt really well. I also used icy hot on the days that were just a killer on my body. Try and make sure your eating enough protein so your body can recover. Good luck and keep it up, dont worry about missing a day here or there sometimes life gets in the way. Tony Horton who created P90X has a base rule that if you can at least do 80% of your workouts and 80% of your meals in good diet you will see results. Of course go for the 100% So if you miss a day don't get discouraged just get fired up to go harder the next day.

Best of Luck,

If you have any questions or need support feel free to add me and message me.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot Banzaix! I'll be sure to invest in some icy hot. lol The amount of protein I need daily is hard to come by since I'm super broke, but bananas I can definitely do! I really like insanity so if my body will just have to deal with it, but if it continues to fall apart at least it will look good in pieces lol
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i haven't started yet but it was good to read your post. definitely will keep these tips in mind. i hope i survive this week. this **** looks insane!1 lol
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday - so nearly a week down :¬D

It's hard to keep up with the others on screen, but I keep pushing... I am loving it at the moment and Plyometric Cardio tonight before my Saturday rest day.

Anyone else in week 1/phase 1?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Aahhhh!! Sorry guys I completely forgot I had this thread over here! Shame on me! hehe How are you guys doing?

I finished round one on 10/6/12...and finally started my Insanity/P90X hybrid on 10/22. I intended on doing a recovery week and then going right into the hybrid. That didn't happen. :-( My recovery week turned into a straight rest week due to horrific fatigue, and then last week was a binge week from mild depression from being so darn tired. I've been battling extreme fatigue of varying degrees for the better part of 10 years now. But I'm trying to keep my chin up. I have found a book that I've heard has helped many people with my condition so here's to hoping it makes it easier for me to get through this hybrid!! :-D

Monday was Chest & Back, and the warm up made me giggle. I was like "What? Thats IT?!?!!" :-P But the workout left me super sore, even today I'm a bit stiff.

@justiningham - Just keep pushing play and doing what you can! :-)