Can the damage be undone?

Options
Hi... I started reducing carbs last week. .

Well long story short: Today I ate a steak fiesta taco salad and while talking with co workers ate half the shell! When I realized I was eating carbs I stopped but you know the damage is done.

Is there a way to mend it? I know I already ate the carbs but can I do something to fix it? maybe eat more fiber so that the net carbs of the days are less or just let it go and start tomorrow again?

Gracias!

Ali

Replies

• Annii2
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of the "net carb" theory. My suggestion would be to eat very few carbs the rest of the day, and start again tomorrow. Don't fret. It happens. Just contiue on.
  • mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eating more fiber would be eating more carbs.

Don't starve yourself. Even if you are over your carb limit eat what you would normally eat for dinner. It helps me to avoid drinking anything like diet soda or tea the rest of the day.
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What damage was done here, exactly?

Just move on.
  • Christiuvita
    Options

Just move on.

I was under the impression that if you eat above the allowed carbs during the induction phase you will have to start the 2 weeks over again. That's my main concern.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Since you're only a week into it you will probably need to start over unless you are very very lucky. A week goes by in no time though.
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Just move on.

I was under the impression that if you eat above the allowed carbs during the induction phase you will have to start the 2 weeks over again. That's my main concern.

And you're right.

Zipper - you know exactly what she was talking about. Why would you say that!?

Anyway, I once ate a peppermint candy while not thinking! Then panic set in! ha! But I think you will be okay. Just stay low the rest of the day. It's going to happen time to time. Put it out of your mind.... which is what I think Zipper was saying.
  • mstorvik
    Options
    Since you're only a week into it you will probably need to start over unless you are very very lucky. A week goes by in no time though.

And you probably won't gain anything from it. :)
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options

To me it sounded like she was over reacting and I was suggesting that there was no damage of any sort done, just a mistake and she should move on, not try to correct anything.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents, but you have a lot to loose(per your ticker) like I do, you're probably going to want to stay pretty close to 20 carbs a day until you get waaaay closer to your goal anyway....2 weeks wont get you very far toward your goal. The 'cheat' may well knock you out of ketosis though, and that can take days to get back to, and it may cause cravings.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents, but you have a lot to loose(per your ticker) like I do, you're probably going to want to stay pretty close to 20 carbs a day until you get waaaay closer to your goal anyway....2 weeks wont get you very far toward your goal. The 'cheat' may well knock you out of ketosis though, and that can take days to get back to, and it may cause cravings.

actually, she has very little to lose........

I would not worry at all about it, just move forward, you will be fine! And in the future order a taco salad without the bowl:happy:
  • mstorvik
    Options

It took me a week and a half. :/ Seriously, cheating is the worst.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

To me it sounded like she was over reacting and I was suggesting that there was no damage of any sort done, just a mistake and she should move on, not try to correct anything.

Lets not jump to conclusions of people over reacting, the OP was not over-reacting, it was a valid question.

To the OP though - Its definitely not something detrimental - in fact we are all accustomed to what we 'used to do' - from either habits, behaviors, or simply just being caught in the moment....

I would just keep moving forward, perhaps you need that awesome CRUNCH that it gives (Im a firm lover of the crunch, UGH) and just pick up where you left off. It is not 'damage' per se... so I definitely wouldnt worry about it at all. So you extend your induction... thats easy-peasy, right?

But - you do have to look at the silver lining: you only ate half. My husband cant stop himself - he has to eat the whole damn thing if its fried right.... and its definitely a crunch-factor for him...and the seasoning, and the flavor, and the left over sauce from the salad, lol!!!!!!

CramerNH