Introduction.....

Here we go!!!! I have uploaded a video on youtube for all of us! This is my first time doing anything like this, so please bear with me!!! I promise I will make them shorter!!! I just did not want to forget anything.

I did forget to mention that you are all welcomed to post an introduction on this thread. Many of us already know each other from previous challenges, but we do have new members....so let's get to know each other!!!

Also....please leave comments, ideas, suggestions!!!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Pam :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHGqD2sIQAQ&feature=plcp

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Hi, my name is Pam. I am the group leader. I originally started these challenges with my sis Joanne (JOMOM2) back in January 2012. I have lost over 20lbs so far thanks to these challenges. I still have more weight to lose, but I am so grateful to all the members of these challenges which have helped me to acheive this! I am looking forward to this Countdown to the Holidays Challenge!!

Here's to a GREAT 14 weeks together!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Pam :smile:
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Hey all, my name is Heather the first ever challenge I was in was the biggest loser challenge Pam started. I lost 20 during that and since then have just been stuck so I do think that it's the challenge that keeps me going, keeps my motivated. I obviously still have a bunch more weight to lose and this challenge will definitely help me get back on track. I am most definitely looking forward to this Countdown to the Holiday Challenge!

Heather
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    That was a terrific video Pam. :smile:

I'm jane. This will be my first challenge and I am really looking forward to it! :flowerforyou: I am hoping to have more friends and inspiration because of this group. Let's get it on!
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Hi! I'm Lisa. I've been doing these challenges since january. I've lost close to 30 pounds so far with everyone's encouragement. I had bloodwork recently and my doctor was amazed at how much everything had improved. So just want to remind everyone that scale isnt the only way to judge our accomplishments....we are getting healthier and stronger!
    Welcome all the new folks, this is a great group of people that are ready to cheer you on!!!

7820655.png
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    Hi everyone! I am MImi. I started this challenge in January and am excited to keep going into the holidays. Welcome all new members!
    Thanks for the video Pam. It turned out great! It was so nice to actually see you and hear you talk. We all appreciate you!:flowerforyou:
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Hey everyone for those that don’t know me my name is Barb. I was invite by my dear friend Sherri (themommie weight lose 105lbs. WTG) to join MFP which I did in Jan 2012.After going for it on my own and losing 20 pounds Pam invited me to join the this private group, that was back in March. To date I’ve lost 50 pounds it has been slow at times but for my age I’m told I’m doing great. I do cardio 4 to 6 days a week. I also weight lift 4 days a week. I love weight lifting. I have another 20 pounds to lose to hit my goal; which is set for Jan 1, 2012 because on Jan. 9 I set sail on a curies with all of my in laws. This group has really helped me to keep me accountable. But most of all the encouraging words really help you to stay motivated even when you don’t want to. Welcome all you newbie’s get ready to shed some fat. …Hey don’t forget to add me as a friend to your wall!

4526527.png[/url]
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Suggestion.....we’re coming up on 5k run/walk season maybe one of our challenges could be to find a local 5k and complete it.

4526527.png[/url]
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Hey all, my name is Heather the first ever challenge I was in was the biggest loser challenge Pam started. I lost 20 during that and since then have just been stuck so I do think that it's the challenge that keeps me going, keeps my motivated. I obviously still have a bunch more weight to lose and this challenge will definitely help me get back on track. I am most definitely looking forward to this Countdown to the Holiday Challenge!

Heather

Welcome Back Heather!!! :) Congrats on your weightloss so far!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    That was a terrific video Pam. :smile:

I'm jane. This will be my first challenge and I am really looking forward to it! :flowerforyou: I am hoping to have more friends and inspiration because of this group. Let's get it on!

Welcome to the Challenge Jane! And thank you...I feel quite silly doing the videos....but I hope it helps explain better.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Hi! I'm Lisa. I've been doing these challenges since january. I've lost close to 30 pounds so far with everyone's encouragement. I had bloodwork recently and my doctor was amazed at how much everything had improved. So just want to remind everyone that scale isnt the only way to judge our accomplishments....we are getting healthier and stronger!
    Welcome all the new folks, this is a great group of people that are ready to cheer you on!!!

7820655.png

Welcome Back Lisa and congrats on your weightloss so far and more importantlay on your current health status!!! You are soooo right that it is not all about the scale!!!! You are so inspiring!!! Keep up the great work!! :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Hi everyone! I am MImi. I started this challenge in January and am excited to keep going into the holidays. Welcome all new members!
    Thanks for the video Pam. It turned out great! It was so nice to actually see you and hear you talk. We all appreciate you!:flowerforyou:

Welcome Back Mimi!!! Thanks for enjoying the video! I was very nervous doing it because I felt silly....but I hope it is useful in making our challenge more personal! :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Hey everyone for those that don’t know me my name is Barb. I was invite by my dear friend Sherri (themommie weight lose 105lbs. WTG) to join MFP which I did in Jan 2012.After going for it on my own and losing 20 pounds Pam invited me to join the this private group, that was back in March. To date I’ve lost 50 pounds it has been slow at times but for my age I’m told I’m doing great. I do cardio 4 to 6 days a week. I also weight lift 4 days a week. I love weight lifting. I have another 20 pounds to lose to hit my goal; which is set for Jan 1, 2012 because on Jan. 9 I set sail on a curies with all of my in laws. This group has really helped me to keep me accountable. But most of all the encouraging words really help you to stay motivated even when you don’t want to. Welcome all you newbie’s get ready to shed some fat. …Hey don’t forget to add me as a friend to your wall!

4526527.png[/url]

Welcome Back Barb!!!! WOW!!! You are so motivating and I am so glad that you decided to join us again!!! Thank you for your commitment!!! :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Suggestion.....we’re coming up on 5k run/walk season maybe one of our challenges could be to find a local 5k and complete it.

4526527.png[/url]

This is a GREAT idea!!!! I will research in my area too!!!!
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Hi I'm Teri, and I think this is the 3rd challenge I've done with this group. Currently I've lost 25lbs, and can't wait to lose more during this challenge! My goal is to hit the 100s by Jan 1, so I need to double my weight loss...let's go!
  • Hi everyone,

My name is Bridget. I'm always doing challenges because I love them and they cause me to work harder at reaching my weightloss goals. I have done a challenge with Pam before. I'm glad to be back and looking forward to this challenge!!
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Pam, I'm going to be out of town thursday, so if its ok i'll message you my starting weight wednesday evening.
  • Hello everyone! My name is April and this will be my first ever challenge......I am so excited! I do have a few health issues that may hold me back here and there but I will fight through it as hard as I possibly can or else make up for it! It's nice to meet all of you and I look forward to getting to know more of you through this challenge. A little about me...........I am 31 years old, I have an 11 year old son, a wonderful boyfriend of 6 years and his 2 daughters ages 9 and 12, 3 dogs, a cat and 5 fish :) I am also a 2nd year college student and work part time at the college.

Now let's get pumped and ready to go into the holidays healthier, happier and stronger! =)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Pam, I'm going to be out of town thursday, so if its ok i'll message you my starting weight wednesday evening.

No problem Lisa!!! Thanks for letting me know!

Pam :)
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Carrie and I started last january, I'm looking forward to the new challenge for the holidays.Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Lets get started!!!
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Hi everyone! I am Joanne. I have been in previous challenges since January. Welcome to the new members to this challenge! Some of you may know, Pam is my sister. I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. I need this challenge for motivation. Unfortunately, I was not able to do the Summer challenge. But, I know this will be an amazing challenge! Pam has come up with some great ideas! Please add me if we are not friends. Good luck to everyone on this journey!
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 651 Member
    Hi All,

My name is Alison, and I started Pam's groups when she did "The Biggest Loser Challenge" back in January. I lost 15 lbs during that challenge and felt fantastic.

Unfortunately since then, I have put the 15lbs plus a couple back on and I am really thankful Pam has a new challenge starting up so I can get my not so little butt back in gear. For me the timing could not be better.

I have said it once, I have said it twice, and I will continue to say it again and again.... Pam, you are a Rock Star!!! :flowerforyou: The amount of people you help motivate through these challenges is incredible and I fully expect this one to be the best one yet!!

Cheers,

Alsison
  • terihaddad
    Can't wait! This is going to be great :)
  • terihaddad
    Can't wait! This is going to be great :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Hi
    my name is sheri aka themommie, i was part of the last challenge and loved it. MFP has truly given me my life back. When I started 2 yrs ago i was so sick I was in bed 2-4 days a week, I was in constant pain, I was falling asleep in mid-sentence, I was falling down. They thought I had MS but no just fibromyalgia(it is a horrible disease) chronic fatigue and hypothyroid. I am looking forward to the challenge and looking forward to getting to know all of you
    thanks for the video Pam, I think it is much more personal and helps us to get to know you better
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    Hi
    my name is sheri aka themommie, i was part of the last challenge and loved it. MFP has truly given me my life back. When I started 2 yrs ago i was so sick I was in bed 2-4 days a week, I was in constant pain, I was falling asleep in mid-sentence, I was falling down. They thought I had MS but no just fibromyalgia(it is a horrible disease) chronic fatigue and hypothyroid. I am looking forward to the challenge and looking forward to getting to know all of you
    thanks for the video Pam, I think it is much more personal and helps us to get to know you better

Hi Sheri! I am so glad that you are doing so much better than 2 years ago. I have fibromyalgia too and know how awful it can be. Welcome to the countdown! :)
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Jen! I joined the first challenge in January 2012. I lost a total of 25 pounds and took the summer off of challenges and put 8 lbs back on... Being part of a group is the best way for me to stay on track. I'm ready to get my butt in gear once again and loose those 8 pounds that creeped back on plus 25 more.

Cheers to all and Thanks Pam for all your hard work!!

Jen
  • Raspberrydelight
    Raspberrydelight Posts: 29 Member
    Good Morning everyone,
    My name is Miranda. I was part of the first BLC and part of the second. I took an extended break to move cities and start a new job. After a summer of being off I have gained about 8 lbs back and am REALLY excited to get them off and then some!! Looking forward to this challenge and getting to know everyone again!
  • Hey everyone! I am LeighAnna, almost 25 years old and am getting married on September 1st. I need to loose about 80lbs to be at my healthy weight !! my goal for the holidays is to be down about 40lbs! I did the Biggest Loser Challenge in January lost about 30 and since then gained about 20 back :cry: But, I am ready to shed it all again! Lets do this team! :drinker:
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 634 Member
    Hi my name is Tayonia, but you can call me onia or TJ. I will be 40 on the 30th of September, which I will be spending on a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas. October 17 will make my year mark of being on MFP and I love it. I have done many challenges and so far lost 25lbs. My goal is to lose 15-20lbs by christmas. Lets do this!!
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    I can't believe it's been over 9 month since I've joined MFP. Biggest Loser was my first challenge! I just looked back at my original weight. I've lost 22 lbs. I also started taking supplements that's helping me even further. I'm at a really good and happy point in my life :)