Progress Thread

Options

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely need the heavier during Push phase so you'll get your use out of them :)
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    'm in my last week of Burn so will start my PUSH next week. I am doing Burn at 5-15lbs.....how much heavier should I expect to go w/ Push?

Also do you guys find that you could go heavier w/ your dominate arm then w/ your non-dominate one? I'm such a weakling w/ my left arm (have gotten stronger) but many times doing the flies or such I feel I could go heavier w/ my right arm but am scared to w/ my left...
  • chojolitos
    Options
    'm in my last week of Burn so will start my PUSH next week. I am doing Burn at 5-15lbs.....how much heavier should I expect to go w/ Push? I'M IN MY SECOND WEEK OF PUSH SO FAR I USED 10, 15, 20 , 25LBS

Also do you guys find that you could go heavier w/ your dominate arm then w/ your non-dominate one? I'm such a weakling w/ my left arm (have gotten stronger) but many times doing the flies or such I feel I could go heavier w/ my right arm but am scared to my left...
    YES MY RIGHT ARM DOES MORE REPETIONS THAN MY LEF ARM :frown:
  • lashwish
    Options
    I think my max in push was 27.5lbs & probably more cuz my wrist couldnt handle more.

My arms are pretty even I guess.
  • bellabrite
    bellabrite Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 3rd week of Push. I love this phase! The other day I lifted so heavy I was exhausted even the next day.
    I'm going to extend this phase to 6 weeks because the first two I was figuring out my weights, and then I went on a 5-day vacation.

Unfortunately I have only gone up in size but I am attributing that to the fact that my lifting coincided with the beginning of my metabolism reset ( I went from 1200 cals to 2100 cals and have been there for about 12 weeks now).

I am deciding when I should start my cut (10% reduction in calories). Probably at the beginning of the Lean Phase. I am hoping then that I will lose just a few inches!!
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    Good for you for sticking with the reset!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my first week of Push. So far so good, but I'm fumbling through figuring out the weights I need--the toughest part. I can tell I'm going to like it though.

I took some snaps the other day and don't really think I see any major changes so far, but w/me everything is kind of subtle anyway because my goal is improving strength. I am in maitenance and don't expect I'll lose weight (and have a goal for the year not to weigh myself).....I do however think my arms are on the right track. It has still been in the 80s this week and I'm sporting those sleeveless shirts still because I love the way they are shaping up. Can't wait to fast forward a few more weeks!

Interesting conversation about dominant arms--haven't noticed that yet but it probably makes sense. I'll have to be more aware of that and let you know.....

thanks for starting a progress thread! great idea.
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my first week of Push. So far so good, but I'm fumbling through figuring out the weights I need--the toughest part. I can tell I'm going to like it though.

I took some snaps the other day and don't really think I see any major changes so far, but w/me everything is kind of subtle anyway because my goal is improving strength. I am in maitenance and don't expect I'll lose weight (and have a goal for the year not to weigh myself).....I do however think my arms are on the right track. It has still been in the 80s this week and I'm sporting those sleeveless shirts still because I love the way they are shaping up. Can't wait to fast forward a few more weeks!

Interesting conversation about dominant arms--haven't noticed that yet but it probably makes sense. I'll have to be more aware of that and let you know.....

thanks for starting a progress thread! great idea.

I just looked at your profile pics and wanted to tell you that you look great!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just finished burn and will be starting Push on Monday. I am pretty pleased with my results so far. I lost a total of 3.6 pounds and lost

.75" off waist
    1.5" of hips
    1.5" off abductor
    .75 " off arm
    1.5" off thigh
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Just finished week 2 of BURN. Made an effort to *bump it up* where I could. It's a lot of work and I was worried about the work week days but so far I'm hanging in there. Today my HRM peaked at 198! Good grief but Chalene sure named this circuit right.
  • bellabrite
    Options
    Awesome progress to all of you--very inspiring!
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just started Push phase today... what were the results you experienced from Burn? I'm going to take pictures to see if there is a difference but I only lost about 2 pounds, which i gained back, and an inch from my mid-thighs but not upper thighs... and I still can't do a real push up to save my life lol... I can do them all on my knees though!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round of CLX. LOVE IT. This time I am doing a sort of hybrid using the Fire Starter workouts (I am not fit enough to do all the jumping in TF yet) and CLX workouts. I am really enjoying it so far.

Yesterday was Low HIIT 20, and today is Burn 1.

Bonus NSV: I got an extra pushup in!!! WOOO!!!!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just started the PUSH phase today and i definitely need heavier weights, esp for the lower body. guess I'll be investing in those 20's...sigh....

So after 30 days of Burn, doing cardio on my non weight days and sometimes cardio on my weight days too...

I didn't lose any weight (; 0

But I did lose 5 1/2 inches.....

and several spaces moved down on the body fat % instrument that came w/ the program...the numbers though I'm not putting too much stock in as they seem pretty low (like from 28.something to 21.something?) but I'll take a decline...right

however I keep telling myself that I am down to the last 5-10b and I am stronger, not as much jiggle....but still...i want that scale to move!

Let's see what the next 30 brings.
  • Robin1117
    Options
    Just started the PUSH phase today and i definitely need heavier weights, esp for the lower body. guess I'll be investing in those 20's...sigh....

So after 30 days of Burn, doing cardio on my non weight days and sometimes cardio on my weight days too...

I didn't lose any weight (; 0

But I did lose 5 1/2 inches.....

and several spaces moved down on the body fat % instrument that came w/ the program...the numbers though I'm not putting too much stock in as they seem pretty low (like from 28.something to 21.something?) but I'll take a decline...right

however I keep telling myself that I am down to the last 5-10b and I am stronger, not as much jiggle....but still...i want that scale to move!

Let's see what the next 30 brings.

your results are amazing!!! don't worry one bit about the scale when you can see this kind of change. I love these stories because this is what shows you, plain and simple, that the 'weight" isn't the best judge......good luck in the next 30!
  • Robin1117
    Options
    hello! just finished week 2 of Push and love it.....such a great program.

But am wondering something--probably a really dumb questions--but I figure I'll voice it here. I have thought Chalene's workouts have been great for the legs, with all the lunges, thigh exercises and squats and have been psyched about potentially making my hips and thighs smaller. But, it almost seems lately like my thighs are getting bigger! Yikes! I'm putting on pants and they are fitting differently in that area. So, not sure what the deal is....maybe I have been over-drying my pants in the dryer, or maybe there is something to it? Could more muscle being built make them a little bulkier? I have heard this is something that happens w/shoulders--you know, when you work your shoulders, you get broader and your shirts feel a little more snug up on the arms......

Anyway, I don't weigh myself, but don't think I have really gained anything--the rest of my clothing fit the same.

I may be crazy....but I'll keep going and see how the next few weeks go, and hopefully be extra clean w/diet.

hope you are all doing well!
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    I really don't know Robin. My legs got smaller and look more toned but it's all individual I find. I'm curious what others experiences are.
  • bellabrite
    Options
    My thighs have gotten bigger. I am also on metabolism Reset, so some of it could be fat but I don't think much of it is based on how my legs feel.

My thighs/ butt have always been my biggest/strongest muscles. I think I have gained muscle, plus the water retention from lifting, plus a little fat from Reset.

My shoulder/bicep/general chest area has also gotten bigger, but I can more easily see muscle there since I don't tend to carry fat there.

Yet overall I seem to have kept the same proportions. I'm just one size bigger now.

I'm cutting this week, so we'll see what happens.
  • Robin1117
    Options
    My thighs have gotten bigger. I am also on metabolism Reset, so some of it could be fat but I don't think much of it is based on how my legs feel.

My thighs/ butt have always been my biggest/strongest muscles. I think I have gained muscle, plus the water retention from lifting, plus a little fat from Reset.

My shoulder/bicep/general chest area has also gotten bigger, but I can more easily see muscle there since I don't tend to carry fat there.

Yet overall I seem to have kept the same proportions. I'm just one size bigger now.

I'm cutting this week, so we'll see what happens.

thank you so much for your story....so maybe I'm not going crazy! I'm not sure what a reset is--is it to break plateau?
  • bellabrite
    Options
    Hi, the reset is eating your real Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) for several weeks--it lets your body readjust to the number of calories it should really be getting. To lose weight you then start cutting a small sensible amount such as10 or 20%. This really helps people who have messed around with very low calorie diets (about 1400 or under). There is a huge support group for this on MFP--it is called Eat More to Weigh Less. I have learned so much from them!

For me, my TDEE is 2100 cals and I'm just starting my cut at 1900 cals.