regarding meat.....did any of you......

Options
dyannajoy
dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
struggle with eating ONLY meat and eggs? I have done low carb off and on and I have to admit I am NOT a meat LOVER. I like meat.....but the thought of ONLY eating meat for an entire day does not appeal at all........especially long term. Did you find your body/tastes/etc adjusted? Is Dukan somehow different than other low carb diets in how it affects your tastes etc? Just wondering what your personal experiences are with this? I would like to try this but a bit nervous because of all the emphasis on protein only. Thank you!

Replies

• hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't forget fat free dairy! I eat lots of Greek yogurt! And the galette is a wonderful "sweet" that I have in the evening. Mine tastes like an oatmeal cookie!
  • Claremarie1987
    Claremarie1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Your meat choices offers a wide variety. Chicken steaks, meat balls, burgers Beef & turkey. Don't forget you can also eat fish. Personally i never got sick of eating 'just meat' as the PV days break it up anyway. some days i don't even eat meat at all. I will have a fish and egg day - such as salmon fillet for lunch and a tuna omelette for tea. You should really research some recipes and make sure you plan your meals ahead so you know exactly what you are going to be eating per day.

Preparation is key.
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Don't forget fat free dairy! I eat lots of Greek yogurt! And the galette is a wonderful "sweet" that I have in the evening. Mine tastes like an oatmeal cookie!

How do you make the galette? I would love to pretend I am eating a cookie.
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    struggle with eating ONLY meat and eggs? I have done low carb off and on and I have to admit I am NOT a meat LOVER. I like meat.....but the thought of ONLY eating meat for an entire day does not appeal at all........especially long term. Did you find your body/tastes/etc adjusted? Is Dukan somehow different than other low carb diets in how it affects your tastes etc? Just wondering what your personal experiences are with this? I would like to try this but a bit nervous because of all the emphasis on protein only. Thank you!
    Try different spices and herbs than you used to use. I also season my eggs and some meats and fish with pico de gallo from the produce section, Paul Newman's peach or mango salsas or some fat-free salad dressings. It seems when you first think about eating only meat that it will be hard, but keep trying to have some variety and you'll be fine. Also keep eating the yogurt and other fat free dairy. I also snack on my galette all day long.
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    2tbs oat bran
    2tbs Greek yogurt
    3tbs liquid egg white
    2packets truvia (truvia works best)
    Cinnamon(a few dashes)
    Nutmeg (one dash). Don't over do it!

The secret is truvia and making sure that you cook the gallette long enough so that it wasn't mushy

I also make one with ginger and cinnamon that is really good.

Hope this helps!
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    thank you all for your replies and helpful hints. I have been practicing the past few days and feel ready to start tomorrow. I have 4 days of attack! Wish me well. and thank you for being here and being helpful!
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    2tbs oat bran
    2tbs Greek yogurt
    3tbs liquid egg white
    2packets truvia (truvia works best)
    Cinnamon(a few dashes)
    Nutmeg (one dash). Don't over do it!

The secret is truvia and making sure that you cook the gallette long enough so that it wasn't mushy

I also make one with ginger and cinnamon that is really good.

Hope this helps!

Do you bake or cook it on the stove. I have xylitol - will that work? I think it's like Stevia.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It is easy . As meat , I eat fish and seafood only. However , the 5 days of protein are the easiest ones for me . I got the Dukan Diet cookbook - the imagination and diversity in this book - amazing:)
    It is not only meat ( fish, in my case) that you can eat: also eggs and white eggs and fat free diary . My fave snack is Fage greek yogurt( 0% ) + stevia and a splash of vanilla . Amazing !
    You can get the book from your local library and it is worth it . Good luck !
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    It is easy . As meat , I eat fish and seafood only. However , the 5 days of protein are the easiest ones for me . I got the Dukan Diet cookbook - the imagination and diversity in this book - amazing:)
    It is not only meat ( fish, in my case) that you can eat: also eggs and white eggs and fat free diary . My fave snack is Fage greek yogurt( 0% ) + stevia and a splash of vanilla . Amazing !
    You can get the book from your local library and it is worth it . Good luck !

thank you!!:flowerforyou: I love seafood in any form.....this will be my go to also. And today is day 2 of attack and so far (knocks on wood) it is easy peasy. I am so glad it is a low fat diet as eating so much fat as in Atkins, Paleo, etc was something I could not handle. I will check out the cookbook!
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I can't have dairy as I am casein-intolerant (the protein in the milk), but I know that when I have a lot more fish in my diet it's easier. I eat smoked salmon, trout, or I nuke deep frozen fish in the microwave and sprinkle some fish sauce and lime on it. I find that easier to eat than a dry piece of chicken or beef. Although I do love a good steak once in a while...