day 1 here

Options
I know we were supposed to start yesterday, but I had to be at the hospital with my husband. So I started this morning, wow that's some workout. I now know why they call it a 30 shed. I really should be able to shed some pounds doing this. I actually burned 217 calories according to my hrm.

I do have one question, are we doing this every day or every other day?

Replies

• stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30DS is definitely a good workout. It's really up to you how many days in a row you do it. There is some on here that go the entire 30 days with no break some that do 10 days then break, it really varies. I'm keeping with what I was doing before I started the 30DS and only working out 5 days in a row. Your body will need a day to repair so you may want to consider throwing in a rest day at some point. Hope that helps.
  • CurvyBlossom
    CurvyBlossom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did the first four days than had to take a break because i left town. and then i did the fifth day. It was easier since i took a break. i wasn't as sore after the workout and i'm not as sore this morning either. The first four days it was hard to move around because of how sore I was. But now i'm gonna try and do the rest of the 30 days with no break.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout. I've been burning between 180 - 220 calories within these last 5 days. I'm going to attempt to do it for 30 days in a row as long as life doesn't get in the way. :::fingers crossed:::
  • Montegue42
    Options
    I'm trying to do it at least three times per week, because I work full-time and part-time and am training for a 5k also. Its a little bit too much for my non-existent stamina right now to run and do the 30DS in one day ;)
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    Ditto on what everyone else said :) The general idea is this group is for people who are just starting (or starting back) with 30 DS. As long as you start sometime around this week you should be in line with most of the rest of us - but it's completely a personal thing and up to you how you do it. I had intended to do the full 30 days with no break - now after completing day 2 I'm wondering if my body won't need a break come the weekend. They say women recover faster than men though - so I will likely stick with my original plan just so i can say i did it :) Go with whatever fits with your schedule and makes you feel good :)
  • lauralogan2010
    lauralogan2010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. I think if you do it for at least several days a week it will make a difference. You could maybe do it during the week and take weekends off or just do some light activity on the weekends (walking/swimming). I know I personally was not doing anything nearly as challenging as the 30DS before so I feel like any amount I'm able to do each week will be a major improvement! :)

I did day one yesterday afternoon and felt really wiped out a sore right away, but I went for a 30 minute walk afterwards and I think it actually helped with the soreness! The first few steps were a little shaky, but after that I was fine and it seemed to help ease my muscles.
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do every day. I do find a walk or even my Zumba class loosens me back up from the soreness. Trust me I am sore. I double kickboxing and Zumba on Saturdays and have only made every other Sat adding this as a 3rd workout. Kickboxing can wipe me out lol