Light Snack Ideas for a Student?

Options
Anyone have any great, low calorie (but filling) snack ideas (that I can take with me to classes)?

Replies

• _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    what about a handful of raw nuts? no loud crunching and noisy wrappers to contend with, quite discreet :wink:
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a long afternoon class, and I take a small tupperware (1 cup) with little bite size snacks. Examples: cheese cubes/grapes/and carrots, or small cookie/raspberries/and bell pepper. It's mostly fruit and veg with a little treat and comes in around 200 cal or less.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots &/or sweet peppers. You can eat like two cups worth for under 100 cals.:smile: So good for you!

String cheese (about 80 cals) has lots of protein. Reduced fat versions keep your bad fats down.

Nuts are good but they pack a calorie punch so make sure you are measuring meticulously.
  • cem1976
    cem1976 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are in hurry in the morning, you can always buy the prepackaged hummus and crackers - Or, you could make your own the night before!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are easy too. At 70 calories a pop it gives you pretty long-lasting fullness.

When I was in school I'd throw a yogurt in my bag every morning with a small container of nuts and berries to mix in when I got to class.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I always have a 100 calorie granola bar in my purse for inbetween classes. I need something portable and quick to eat so it works for me.

I also like bringing hummus and pretzels but that's not as portable/easy to eat. Delicious though!
  • arbuchner
    Options
    Slice one cucumber and add a splash of apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. This snack can be kept in a small, plastic container. It is filling, cheap, good for you, and only about 16 calories. The cucumber has properties that enhance skin and the vinegar helps control bloating.
  • Dimpszz
    Options
    I usually bring an orange, rice cakes, or Kashi bars with me to class
  • sunnykt
    Options
    I always take an apple because it's easy and low cal.
  • sriker210
    Options
    I'm all about the 100 cal snack packs - yogurt (Yoplait Light), cookies (Fudge Shoppe Stripes), crackers (Gold Fish/Cheez-itz), granola (Quaker Chewy Bars), etc. I've also prepackaged Kroger brand Corn Bitz (1 cup = 110 cal) and Multi Grain Cheerios (1 cup = 110 cal). I'm strickly doing low cal though - still want to enjoy my sweets other goodies :) I do like frozen grapes also - stick a baggie of (1 cup) grapes in the freezer over night and they'll be ready to go the next day!
  • auty1991
    auty1991 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like apple slices with peanut butter. The peanut butter is filling, I think. (: