Planks

Options
Hey guys.. I am already in week 3, so workout 3 and 4...
Actually I have big problems with the planks..
I guess my core isn´t strong enough.. But at the end of the day there are a lot of things I cant do like we should because of that.. Sometimes I go down on my knees..
But does anybody know something to make it stronger?
I guess my abs are the weakest part..

Thank you for helping me :)

Replies

• katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The planks are key moves throughout the entire program, and they actually work more than just your abs--your back, your legs, etc. There's really no getting around them. I would say do as much as you can in the plank and then go onto your knees to complete the exercise. You will get stronger. One thing I found useful in the later workouts (phase 3) was having my feet apart a little wider. It helped with stability.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The planks are key moves throughout the entire program, and they actually work more than just your abs--your back, your legs, etc. There's really no getting around them. I would say do as much as you can in the plank and then go onto your knees to complete the exercise. You will get stronger. One thing I found useful in the later workouts (phase 3) was having my feet apart a little wider. It helped with stability.

That's a great idea! I also try to concentrate on the spot right in front of my eyes and count the seconds, then get a quick child's pose stretch at the end
  • Juju112233
    Options
    That are very good ideas.. And I try to do it as good as poaaible.. I just wish they wouldn't kill me that much ;)
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with planks.

At the beginning, I couldn't hold plank to save my life! But like one poster said, I did what I could then went to my knees, I had to do that for all the plank moves throughout the 90 days. My second time through the program, I can plank! I still do not like them, but they really work so many muscles that I like to do them and get through them. Keep at t, you will build up those muscles in time and surprise yourself!
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Plankety-Plank! That's all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Oh wait, let's not forget those reverse planks:-/
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can do normal planks and plank-type stuff ok, its the reverse planks that are getting me
  • karenkoen
    Options
    Instead of arms straight try doing where your on your elbows with your forearm flat on the ground . you can build from there