Introductions

Options

Replies

• PhatKat35
    PhatKat35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Katrina and from Texas. I'm 43 years old, newly married with 4 kids (2 mine and 2 his.. love them all) In the last 6 years I have added 40 of the 80lbs I lost. I need to lose this weight not only for my health but for me to be a good example for my kids.
  • PattyOGame
    Options
    Hi, my name is Patty. I just turned 60 years old and I would love to lose my 40 lbs by Valentines Day!
    I am new to myfitnesspal as of yesterday. When studying the apps and what they had to offer, this seemed like the best. I read about groups, so here I am. I joined the first one I saw! I hadn't been motivated to lose but age 60 gave me a scare to take care of myself. I enjoy eating right and walking so why not get started? I love to be active, loved the outdoors, and try to ignore my age. I am in Southern California and I commute to Los Angeles, long day. I am looking forward to working together with everyone, lets make it work!
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Ricci and I am from Washington. I am 30 years old, married, and have a two year old. I joined MFP last September, but stupidly didn't start using in until the last week in June. I had foot surgery back in 2005 and since than my weight has increased so much. I had my son in July 2010 and was near 300 lbs with pregnancy weight -- it was pretty scary to see the scale. The first year of his life I started to lose weight from chasing him around and breastfeeding. I got down to 225, but finally decided to give MFP - best decision ever! I can't really do much working out right now. I have been walking and doing the 30DS, but just found out I have stress fractures in both ankles -- jumping jacks from the 30ds did me in. I am supposed to stay off my feet for 3 weeks (hard with a toddler), so I am extra focused on calories counting. I am hoping to resume walking on October 1st after I go in for new x-rays.

Anyway, I am excited for this challenge. My goal is to lose 50 more lbs, and it would be awesome if I could lose the first 40 by VDAY!

I weigh in on Fridays, so hopefully that will be okay.
    SW (9/7) 205
    GW (2/14) 165

I would love some more MFP Friends so feel free to add me! :)
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    I'm Kristine, 27 years old from Richmond, VA. I'm the epitome of a yo-yo dieter/gainer. Chubby kid who got chubbier in high school .. then lost 65 pounds going into Senior year. It felt awesome for a teenager to start getting positive attention all of a sudden! I still had a complex though - still do. Gained some back in college, lost it again. Same nasty cycle over and over again. What will it take to change my life once and for all???

Last year, I lost 40 pounds for ME .. not for a boyfriend, not for a wedding, not to run a 10k .. for ME! I had the time of my life doing it because I started to participate in activities that I never knew I loved .. like hip hop dancing, Zumba, running, intense cycle classes, etc. I was beginning to love my body (naked, too) and gaining confidence. ..... Then I hit a few blocks in the road, a few challenges, a few lonely moments .. and I pissed it all away gaining back all 40, plus 20 more! I was in denial the whole time and refused to let help in. In hind sight, I don't even know how I did that. :(

Now, I'm ready to change forever. I have a dream of being a marathon runner like my mom, a dream of flaunting a bikini at the beach, a dream of teaching a Zumba class at my local gym and the dream of teaching my future children how to make healthy life choices because we're all worth that. I'm so excited to kick-start it by dropping the first 40 by Valentine's day with all of you!!

Start Weight: 222 lbs (August 2012)
    Current Weight: 207 lbs (Sept. 11)
    Goal by Oct. 6th (5k race): 199 lbs
    Goal by Christmas: 175 lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 145 lbs
  • shwetamann
    shwetamann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,I am Shweta.I am from Michigan.I am trying to reduce the weight so that we can start planning a family soon.I don't want to be planning a baby when I don't feel very healthy in my mind.So lets hope this group is the thing that keeps me on track.
    I try to walk/run everyday and also keep a check on my diet.If I am able to lose this weight by V-Day it would be great since its our 6th Anniversary day tooo...I am super excited...
    Lets keep each other motivated...
    Best of Luck to all...:-)
  • debhue75
    Options
    Hello. My name is Debbie.

In my twenties I maintained at my weight at around 145. Going into my early thirties my weight slowly started to increase each year. I am now 37, and I weigh 200. Last year I went down to 182 for my sisters wedding, but the weight sure found it's way back and then some.
    We started a Biggest Loser contest at work last week, and I remembered what a great tool MFP can be. I've been logging in using the mobile app on my phone, but today I logged in on my computer. I am so glad I did because I ran across this group.

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Starting Weight: 200
    V-Day Goal Weight: 160
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My name is Marlene and I am a stay at home mom to a 5 month old little girl. I live in the Long Beach/LA area. I have used this site before, but never went more than a week. I am tired of not pulling through with my goals. Tomorrow will be a new day and with it I am bringing change. I want to feel good about myself again and be able to wear something without worry of a gut/muffin top coming out.
    All my sisters (3) and cousins are petite and I stick out like a sore thumb when we take pictures together.
    I am 5'0" and currently weighing 126.5
    My goal weight is 105. I have around 22 lbs to lose.
    Good luck ladies. We are in this together. :)
  • SexyDedee
    SexyDedee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello im Dedee and resides Atlanta, Georgia. I am an accounant and mom of two boys. I would love to lose 30-40 lbs. I just starting jogging 4 miles 3 days a week. I need all the motivation I can get, best of luck everyone

5'10
    Starting weight 212 lbs - 9/12/12
    Goal 180 lbs
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Im Lou im from England and im hoping this group will motivate me into getting closer to my dream weight (119lbs)
    I am in a new relationship and i dont want to start piling the pounds on i want to go the other way and shift them ! my weight has crept on over the years and its just because i cant stop myself and have very little will power ! i am really into my running so im hoping that combined with calorie counting with be the best combination to shift these pounds ! im running my first ever half marathon this Sunday (september 16th) and im very nervous !!

If i lose this 40lbs by valentines day i shall be buying some expensive underwear as a treat to myself haha x

Good Luck everyone !! x
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My name is Terri, I'm 34 from OH, I worked out alot in my early 20's then divorce and unemployment hit me around age 25 and for 6 months i sat on my butt and it just grew LOL I had my son at age 29, so for the last 8 years I've just been trying to re-gain the motivation and drive I once had, the diet part is harder than the excercise for me because I didn't grow up on the healthiest foods so I'm REALLY trying to learn to like Vegetables :-P I have gained and lost over the last couple years, my highest was 264, my ultimate goal would be around 135-140. I'm 5'5 and currently at 255. Hubbby and I have recently been on a health kick so the motivation at home helps. We were just talking about what we wanna do for Valentines day and I saw this group the next day so it was meant to be!! Looking forward to being down 40lbs by then :-)
  • crayvalt
    Options
    Steph_135 thank you so much!! This really made me feel better about myself and even more excited to really get working. I'll definitely have to check out that book, thanks for the recommendation. Good luck to the both of us!

Cheers :)
  • tambar4
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Tammy and I have been yo-yo dieting for about 5 years...lost 40 lbs, gained 60 lbs, etc. I have now gained 30 lbs since last November and I need to get if off and keep it off. I am a "sugar junky" so if i can manage to control my cravings for sweets and breads, I should be good. I also have to put in more effort to exercise. I am only 5'1" and about 187. My goal is to lose at least 15 by my birthday in November. Great to meet all of you...
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

I'm so glad that I found this group! My name is Christina and I’m from Buffalo, NY. I started MFP almost 2 years ago (Jan 2011) at 214lbs. With exercise and eating better, I steadily lost weight and was down to 159lbs for my wedding in April 2012.

Since then, I have stopped exercising regularly and I haven’t been consistently keeping track of what I’ve been eating, so now I’m back up to 184lbs :sadface: The turning point now was I had a customer at work yesterday ask me if I was expecting….now he’s a moron to begin with, and it could have been that that the sweater I was wearing was a little tight, or even the way I was sitting on my stool, but either way, that was so hard for me to hear.

I want to get back on track, now it just seems like things are always getting in the way or I’m just too tired to put in consistent effort. Hopefully, with the help and support of everyone on here, I can find my way back to getting healthy again!

Can’t wait to share this journey with all of you!

Height:5’4”
    SW(Jan 2011): 214
    Lowest Weight(March 2012):159.8
    Current Weight:184.6
    Goal by Thanksgiving:178
    Goal by Christmas:172
    Valentine’s Goal Weight:164lbs
  • aprillynn329
    aprillynn329 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found you all! I am very excited to lose 40lb by Valentine's day! My name is April and I live in central Pennsylvania. I am married and work full time as an RN. I have 2 beautiful children, 7 years and 7 months.

I have always been heavy and have yo-yo dieted since high school, but never keep it off. I reached my highest weight after my second pregnancy... yes after. I actually did not gain the weight during pregnancy due to extreme nausea/vomiting, but suffered from postpartum depression after she was born and reached my peak.

In May I started exercising a few times a week and trying to eat a little better and have lost some weight, but I have a lot to go. I can't seem to stay motivated and focused... I am hoping this group will help. I am Matron of Honor in my sister's wedding in August 2013 and can't wait to look fabulous in my purple dress! I'm looking forward to going on this journey with all of you!!

Starting wt, May 2012: 212.5
    Current wt: 203.5
    Goal by Dec 1st: 184
    Goal by Valentine's Day: 164
    Ultimate Goal, July 2013: 135
  • fabulessmommy
    fabulessmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m Brandy. I would love to be able to lose 40pds by Valentine’s Day. I am a single mom to a wonderful nine year old little boy. He is my sunshine and my number one reason for trying to become healthier. I have been over weight most of my life and I’m tired of it. I want a change. There are so many things that I can’t do and have never experienced because of being so over weight. This past summer was a real eye opener for me. We went on vacation to PCB and we took my son to an amusement park. He was so excited and wanted me to ride all the rides with him, however, there were some rides that had a weight limit and needless to say I exceeded those limits. I NEVER WANT TO EXPERIENCE THAT FEELING OF DISSIAPOINTMENT AGAIN!!! I made a decision while on that vacations that every vacation after that I would be a healthier mom. I would love for you all to add me as a friend and let’s take this journey together!

Starting Weight: 340
    Current Weight: 315
    Goal Weight: 160
  • notsoshort23
    notsoshort23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello im Dawn from OH-IO just turned 27 and moved back home with my rent for some time (I didnt want to really do that but I had to do what I had to do).... I have been thinking of my weight for a few years now ok like 4 years. I have tried counting cals, weight watchers, and pills. I finely got it, it comes down to good o' Exersice and Healthy eating. Im a person to think ok if I eat healthy i could lose weight that way right .... no diet has to have exersice as well if not where would it go. Ive been here for some time and I fell of the map on this site NOW it time for me to restart it so with that said im here to try new thing and be a healthier me and to look better doing it. Right now im working on a mini goal by another group 10 lbs by Halloween I hope i can do it good luck to me.

Short goal: up to 10 lbs by Halloween

Height: 5'0
    Start weight: 159 (09/12/12)
    Goal Weight: 130-125 (08/11/13)
  • tbielaczyc
    Options
    Tracy from Michigan, my profile says it all! I want to be healthy and live well. At my heaviest I was 277, lightest 207 and my ultimate goal is 185 and to STAY there. I would like to be down a total of 20 lbs by my 42nd birthday on 10/21....then I'll celebrate with a new pair of shoes.
  • debiw1234
    Options
    Tracy from Michigan, my profile says it all! I want to be healthy and live well. At my heaviest I was 277, lightest 207 and my ultimate goal is 185 and to STAY there. I would like to be down a total of 20 lbs by my 42nd birthday on 10/21....then I'll celebrate with a new pair of shoes.

I love your celebration of new shoes. So often we reward with food and we need to shift gears and find a new motivation and it sounds like you have done that. Congratulations!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Your story of your journey is so motivational!!! I wish you all the success in your dreams. I too want to teach Zumba one day...you get it girl!!! :)
    I'm Kristine, 27 years old from Richmond, VA. I'm the epitome of a yo-yo dieter/gainer. Chubby kid who got chubbier in high school .. then lost 65 pounds going into Senior year. It felt awesome for a teenager to start getting positive attention all of a sudden! I still had a complex though - still do. Gained some back in college, lost it again. Same nasty cycle over and over again. What will it take to change my life once and for all???

Last year, I lost 40 pounds for ME .. not for a boyfriend, not for a wedding, not to run a 10k .. for ME! I had the time of my life doing it because I started to participate in activities that I never knew I loved .. like hip hop dancing, Zumba, running, intense cycle classes, etc. I was beginning to love my body (naked, too) and gaining confidence. ..... Then I hit a few blocks in the road, a few challenges, a few lonely moments .. and I pissed it all away gaining back all 40, plus 20 more! I was in denial the whole time and refused to let help in. In hind sight, I don't even know how I did that. :(

Now, I'm ready to change forever. I have a dream of being a marathon runner like my mom, a dream of flaunting a bikini at the beach, a dream of teaching a Zumba class at my local gym and the dream of teaching my future children how to make healthy life choices because we're all worth that. I'm so excited to kick-start it by dropping the first 40 by Valentine's day with all of you!!

Start Weight: 222 lbs (August 2012)
    Current Weight: 207 lbs (Sept. 11)
    Goal by Oct. 6th (5k race): 199 lbs
    Goal by Christmas: 175 lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 145 lbs
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm heather! Fulfilling this challenge will put me 2 pounts away from my ultimate goal. This is a great way to keep it in sight.