I Need "friends" for MFP

Options
Hi all,

I being using MFP now for a little while and wanted to start adding friends that had WLS. I am getting Sleeved on Sept 22nd.. Pretty excited. My biggest fears is what I am going to eat. I would love to see what other are eating to get ideas.

Thanks.
Jen

Replies

• JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I'll send you a friend req. I was sleeved on March 15. Just be sure to remember when you look at people's food diarys, to look back to the date when they were sleeved. My intakes is pretty different 6 months later from what it was for the first 2-3 months after surgery.

Jill
  • caldrich001
    caldrich001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm being sleeved on 9/18.....I'm super excited too!!
  • jentheyo
    jentheyo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    cool thanks
  • cbferriss
    Options
    My VSG was July 2011. First 3 weeks after surgery, I eat half cup servings of canned soup that I blended smooth, protein shakes and popsicles I made out of sports drinks. After that, I added soft food like scrambled eggs, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Fried food and rice where the only things that gave me trouble the first 6 months. If you want to know more, let me know.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen. I was sleeved 7/21/11. Don't worry about what you're going to eat. Your doctor will have a whole plan for you (or should). Like everyone else has said, everything will be liquid and then smooth and then soft until you are back to eating things you need to chew. Remember, your diet will never go back to what you were eating before. If it does, so will your weight go back to what it was before. You will be fine and do great. Send a friend request if you want. I'm on daily and my food log is available. But remember, I'm 13 months out now, so yur food log will not look like mine for a long time. :smile:
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jen! I agree, the doctor will give you a plan. It really helped me to know that my nutritionist knows this better than I do and allowed me to contact him with questions. I can tell you, it seems like all doctor's have different ideas of the diet..some eat certain foods earlier than others. I would go with what they tell you, since I don't know what the various reasons are for the differences.

Oh, and I was sleeved on 03/05/12. I have lost 109.8 pounds since starting my Journey in Aug 2011 with the nutritionist. 48 pounds before surgery and 61.8 after. I have physical limitations with a hip that has to be replaced, so I am ecstatic with this! Oh, and I still have 100 - 120 to go, but I don't look at that....I take a chunk at a time. :)

You are welcome to send me a friend request if you want. The more the merrier -- especially those of us on this sleeve journey. We can pool resources and answer things someone not there may not understand.

Melanie