Paleo - day one!

Options
Alyxw
Alyxw Posts: 50 Member
I had read about the paleo diet at various times in the past, and thought, I would like to 'try' that one day... well I got back into reading about it again on the weekend and the penny dropped. I won't be trying it at all - this is me, I have to live it!

It's my first day and I feel great so far - I have loved my food so much today - way more than usual.

I have a lot of weight to lose but I also look forward to all of the health I will gain and kicking some unwanted side affects of my high grain high sugar previous life!

Replies

• missgreene89
    Options
    I started eating this way (with some exceptions due to budget or lack there of ! haha)
    But I failed and relapsed now I am doing it again man do you feel better doing this !!!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I found eating paleo cheaper. Don't worry about getting grass fed for now. You save a ton on crap like dressings and cereal and bread.

Just make a commitment to yourself and it becomes quite easy.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You'll be amazed at how easy it is to sustain. Hang tough thru the carb flu phase.
  • Alyxw
    Alyxw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So far so good :-) we are lucky in nz all of our meat is grass fed so no worries there. I found my first shop very expensive but there were a lot of one off purchases. So far I am doing so well - I feel great :-) hope don't end up with that carb flu tomorrow!!
  • Cdposey26
    Cdposey26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I never experienced any kind of carb flu, but then again, I never gave a alot of thought about trying to be low carb. All my carbs come from fruits and vegggies so I figure they are good carbs anyway.
  • missgreene89
    Options
    Where I am its very expensive to get things like whole unpasterized milk, or grass fed ,eat, or good quality dairy at all without crap in it.
    And then you got your over processed garbage thats so cheap. But veggies and fruit are very cheap so I stick to alot of that.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Don't forget lots and lots of water!