My Blood work after 6 months of Primal/Paleo

Options
spirit80
spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
For those who are concerned about increasing fats, proteins, and reducing carbs.

This is a common result, I have seen by many other people on this Lifestyle

Good luck to all of you.

Your cholesterol results are as follows:
Cholesterol (mg/dL)
Date Value
9/10/2012 141
Your Target Total cholesterol <200
HDL Cholesterol (mg/dL)
Date Value
9/10/2012 78
Your Target HDL good cholesterol >45 for men, > 55 for women
LDL Cholesterol (mg/dL)
Date Value
9/10/2012 52*
Your Target LDL bad cholesterol <130
Triglyceride (mg/dL)
Date Value
9/10/2012 54
Your Target Triglycerides <200

Component Results
Component Your Value Standard Range
Protein, Total 7.1 6.0 - 8.4
Albumin 4.4 3.5 - 5.0
Calcium 9.4 8.5 - 10.5
Bilirubin, Total 0.9 0.0 - 1.5
Alkaline Phosphatase 46 40 - 150
AST 21 7 - 40
Glucose 84 65 - 100
BUN 11 10 - 25
Creatinine 0.70 0.70 - 1.40
Sodium 139 135 - 146
Potassium 4.0 3.5 - 5.0
Chloride 99 98 - 110
CO2 29 23 - 32
Anion Gap 11 0 - 15
ALT 29 5 - 50

Replies

• mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Did your Doctor give you a print out of your results?

not sure if I read everything right......the dates are the same and you said newest first, or am I totally reading it wrong
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! More proof we don't need grains to be healthy
  • spirit80
    Options
    Did your Doctor give you a print out of your results?

not sure if I read everything right......the dates are the same and you said newest first, or am I totally reading it wrong

This was from Mondays test 9/10/2012. Score is next to the date. Everything shifted over when I copied and pasted.
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That is just wonderful, amazing results!!!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    jealous of your ldl and trigs. I thought mine were good - those are simply awesome. Is your doc paleo friendly? What was his/her reaction?

Also did you get your h1ac and c reactive proteins by chance. I'd love to know how your inflammation markers came out.
  • hilary57
    Options
    Fantastic!! I'm looking forward to getting my numbers at the end of the year.

Like Mike, I'm curious about the c-reactive protein (CRP) although I assume that would be low considering your lipids are spot on.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing. I am "pre-diabetic"/insulin resistant and am really looking forward to my A1C numbers dropping. I'm also in need of a Primal/Paleo friendly Dr AND nutritionist.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love seeing when the evidence PROVES that eating this way is healthy!!! No one wants to believe us when we say we FEEL healthier after giving up SAD and start eating more fat and protein. Eating healthy, natural foods is a "fad" and "dangerous"? Really? NOT!!!

I won't have numbers to post since I don't go to doctors, but I know that I can trust my body and how wonderful I am feeling. The weight loss is a nice bonus too. :wink:
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Here is to Bulletproof coffee, eggs, and bacon for breakfast! Your PERFECT breakfast :)
  • davidlaplante
    davidlaplante Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Stoked for you! It's all BS until you see your own results!
  • MikeFlyMike
    Options
    I ASK YOU THIS.... Name one other "diet" forum or nutrition group on MFP (or elsewhere) where we so boldly brag about our bloodwork? As much crap that we get for being caveman eaters (I've heard it all believe me) - and how "one slice of bread isn't going to kill you" - none of those people seem to post their lipids ;)
  • PaleoMichelle
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! Congratulations onthe great results.

I am anxiously awaiting my blood test results next week. My doctor went into labor the day before my appointment, so I've had to wait 1.5 months to finaly get the scoop.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You don't need a paleo friendly doc. The proof in the avocado pudding. any doc seeing those numbers would say you're doing something right.

You should post this on the main board and see the reaction.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Those are great numbers!! Good job!
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Those are great numbers! Question for you - was your cholesterol high before you started paleo/primal eating?
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I ASK YOU THIS.... Name one other "diet" forum or nutrition group on MFP (or elsewhere) where we so boldly brag about our bloodwork? As much crap that we get for being caveman eaters (I've heard it all believe me) - and how "one slice of bread isn't going to kill you" - none of those people seem to post their lipids ;)

Hahahah, exactly what I though.... I was grinning reading in one of the other forums about the spectacular 'ketosis diet' where you get to eat about 50 to 100 grams of carbs a day and loose the weight so easily.... they were ranting about how bad low carb and so is for you and how it brings you into hospital.... OMG...
    They should all see spirits blood work results.... and just shut up...
  • spirit80
    Options
    Those are great numbers! Question for you - was your cholesterol high before you started paleo/primal eating?

Here are my two previous tests.

Cholesterol (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    6/14/2011 153
    HDL Cholesterol (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    6/14/2011 52
    LDL Cholesterol (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    6/14/2011 83
    Triglyceride (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    6/14/2011 90

and

Cholesterol (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    4/28/2009 152
    HDL Cholesterol (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    4/28/2009 78
    LDL Cholesterol (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    4/28/2009 74
    Triglyceride (mg/dL)
    Date Value
    4/28/2009 175
  • wiginn
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! Shows me there is hope for bringing my numbers down (my HDL is pretty good)...doctor wants me on a statin, but I'm giving primal/paleo some time first.
  • MikeFlyMike
    Options
    wiginn:
    Glad you are trying something other than a statin.
    You watched statinnation.net movie?

Its all about the $$ not about your health.
  • wiginn
    Options
    Haven't watched it - yet....but plan to! I really took to heart the info about statins in the Primal Blueprint and that I've read on marksdailyapple.

I had a cholesterol test in June - was high - that's when doctor recommended statins. I read the Primal Blueprint while on vacation at the end of July and immediately stopped eating grains...I'm just over a month in and down almost 10# - did another cholesterol test this past week. HDLs have improved, but the other numbers are still high. I think I need to give it a few more months....