Fifth and Final week of Sparkling Summer Challenge

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Ladies this will be the 5th and final week of our sparkling summer challenge. Never fear, it is not a bad thing. As we wrap up the summer challenge, honoring Bella's birthday on the 13th in our final week, the 22nd of September will mark the first day of fall, or the autumnal equinox. It is then we shall begin our Fabulous Fall Frolic.

For this final week:

:drinker: In celebration of Bella's birthday on 9-13, our cardio goal is 117 minutes (9x13)

:devil: Killer glutes and Abs come in handy for all that running and jumping vampires do.
5 sets of 15 of the following
Second position plies ( feel free to google for a demo, these can be done with hand weights for more of a challenge)
Bicycles (or maybe we should call them motorcycles) For the clumsy, just be careful not to fly off and hit your heads.

Words of wisdom.... .what are some struggles you have had with regard to eating, exercising, logging, unhealthy habits, etc, and share with us how have you been able to turn it around.

And finally, share a picture or quote:

With shaky legs, ignoring the fact that my action was useless, I followed him into the forest. The evidence of his path had disappeared instantly. There were no footprints, the leaves were still again, but I walked forward without thinking. I could not do anything else. I had to keep moving. If I stopped looking for him, it was over. Love, life, meaning… over.

Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.73

Here's to an awesome week ahead!

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Yvonne....have I told you lately that I love you?:flowerforyou: :love: :wink:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,957 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I'll be MIA for the final week of our challenge -- it looks like an awesome one . I hope to log, but I won't be able to comment.

I'll wish Bella an early Happy Birthday and warn her to watch out for paper cuts.

Oh, and a Happy Birthday to Renesemee this week, too!

Don't worry, I'll be back to "Meet [you all] on the Equinox" because "everything, everything (even trips to England) ends."
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Kathy, we will miss you. Be safe, enjoy yourself.

Please keep an eye out for our lovely Mr. Pattinson while you are away. One never knows where he may pop up at!

P.S. love your reference to Death Cab for Cutie! XXOO
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'll try to be better this week
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to be a good and sparkly little vamp this week and jump back in with both feet.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Shell and Mindy, love having you both here!! :love:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1

I walked/ jogged for 53 minutes tonight. This cooler weather seems to give me more stamina or something.
    No vampire strength training yet but I look forward to doing some!

An experience I will share, I am always looking for something new to try, the same meals get boring, and I find I need more flavorful foods. I decided to try the Shirataki noodles that I have been Hearing so much about. I've seen Hungry Girl rinse them, roll them up in a towel and squeeze the ever loving stuffing out of them before adding some sort of cheeses to them. Well, I tried that tonight, I'd been looking forward to fixing them and eating them. I Followed the instructions, and to my surprise they turned out to be the most hideous thing I think I have put in my mouth in a very long time. Anyway, this rotten experience won't keep me from trying out other new things, but I have an extra package of Shirataki noodles in my fridg in case someone else wants to give it a whirl, or a hurl!

We made it through Monday all! Sweet dreams.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    I didnt do much today, had a extremely bad day at work, planned on going to deep water classes tonight, but my back was tightening up really bad & i didnt think I could get through it
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options
    Gonna try to finish this challenge and prepare for Bella's birthday.

Last week was kinda tough, and a lot of my problem is how I psyche myself up with all the stuff on my plate just now, and that can stand in the way of moving forward.

I love the song Friends in New Moon and how perfect it is for the scene in the movie where Bella approaches the biker-dude and hears Edward's warning. The lyrics are great about friends, and Jessica Stanley is so funny with Bella there. Though the scene departs from the book it really conveys the message that Bella was deluding herself both about Edward and about her friends which she realizes and tries to remedy.

Here's to Twilighty friends!!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Week 5 day 2

97/117 minutes cardio
    No plies or vampire strength training yet but I will I promise!

Tomorrow we are taking a coworker out for birthday lunch to a place called Hog Wild BBQ. Going out to eat other than for friday splurge night generally makes me a bit nervous. This place has a fabulous meat topped potato. Once i saw them using an ice cream scoop to apply the butter and sour cream. Holy cow, talk about a frightening site! I must remember tomorrow to order mine without butter and about 1/2 the sour cream. To do otherwise would be careless and honestly would not taste very good. Everything in moderation! Unless we are talking about Twilight. There is no such thing as too much Twilight, right ladies?

Bella's birthday is coming soon! We will need to celebrate!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Week 5, Day 2

Cardio - 45 minutes so far......I was really lazy tonight though
    No Plies or Bicycles...yup, I'm lazy
    Water - 2/2 so far
    Food - 486 in the bank, but I had a BAD carb day today

Twilighty Thought: I have been asked to sing in my sister's niece's wedding in a couple of weeks. They want me to help them pick the song. I suggested "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri from Breaking Dawn, Part 1. :happy: Wonder if they'll go for it?
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Week 5, Day 2

Cardio - 70/117
    Plies - 4 sets
    Bicycles - 4 sets
    Bank - 1184 calories
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Days 1 & 2

Cardio 58 / 117
    Plies 2 / 5
    Bicycles 2 / 5
    Banking +21

I have told myself to keep going in the right direction. Don't be in a haze, directionless, undecided, torn between too many competing voices. Wow, how I'm channeling Bella here!

Hope everybody has a great Bella's birthday, minus the paper cut, of course. I think I shall make Italian food for dinner tomorrow!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Week 5, Day 3

Cardio - 86/117
    No Plies or Bicycles...yup, I'm still lazy
    Water - 3/3 so far
    Food - 655 in the bank

Walked 36 minutes tonight and made it that long by having a sparkly daydream about a certain sexy Brit. :tongue: :wink:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Cardio 112/117
    :grumble: I had to walk the dog to do his business tonight, because i couldn't let him out to the back yard. To my surprise the back deck was being stained by the landlady's son when I got home from work.
    :wink: 1 set of 15 plies (done in the bathroom at work while washing and drying my hands, boy am I glad no one came in!)
    :flowerforyou: 66 calories banked, had to use a big hunk for the coworker Lunch today, but it was worth it.
    :ohwell: No bicycles yet

Happy thoughts: I started to read Twilight tonight. How did I forget the amount of joy this book brought me the first time, and why have I waited 3 years to read it again. I also can't explain why I delayed reading Breaking Dawn until this past year, other than fear of it all ending. A quote I read tonight makes me identifiy with the loner that Bella is.

'It was nice to be alone, not to have to smile and look pleased; a relief to stare dejectedly out the window at the sheeting rain and let just a few tears escape.'

Tomorrow is Bella's birthday, but we must celebrate it quietly, you know how she hates attention.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Bella's Birthday!!!!!!
    Day 4 of our summer challenge

I was on the front porch, all bundled up, reading Twilight, it had been raining and I had thought about not having my walk.
    A couple who walk in my neighborhood passed by, with their jackets and umbrellas in tow, and I thought, heck, if they can do this so can I. So I grabbed my iPod, tuned in to the Twilight score, and went on my merry way. It was a delightful walk in Forks weather.

Cardio. 170/117
    Plies 1 set of 4
    No bicycles yet, obviously I'm saving them for this weekend because I enjoy pain.NOT!

In Reading Twilight, I came across another passage in which I felt a kinship with Bella. She spoke of P.E. class being mandatory for all 4 years instead of the 2 in Arizona. She went on to say, 'Forks was literally my personal hell on Earth.' This reminds me of my feelings for gym class, and I just want to say that when Eleanor Roosevelt said that no one could make you inferior without your consent...well she obviously had never attended my school or Bella's for gym class. The best thing about high school, it does finally end, and you move on, and no one can make you take P.E. class EVER again!

Bella, I hope you had a wonderful quiet Birthday, no paper cuts, no hideous embarrassing parties, just you and Edward alone to celebrate.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Week 5, Day 1

Cardio - 0/117
    Plies - 0 sets
    Bicycles - 0 sets
    Bank - 633 calories

Week 5, Day 2

Cardio - 70/117
    Plies - 4 sets
    Bicycles - 4 sets
    Bank - 986/1649 calories

Week 5, Day 3

Cardio - 70/117
    Plies - 4 sets
    Bicycles - 4 sets
    Bank - 1995/2644 calories

Week 5, Day 4

Cardio - 131/117
    Plies - 4 sets
    Bicycles - 4 sets
    Bank - 418/3062 calories
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Week 5, Day 5

Cardio - 70/117
    Plies - 4 sets
    Bicycles - 4 sets
    Bank - -615/1697 calories

Week 5, Day 6

Cardio - 131/117
    Plies - 4 sets
    Bicycles - 4 sets
    Bank - -617/1080 calories
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Okay okay I did NOT get to my bicycles this week. But I rocked some leg exercises that made my legs feel like rubber, and made me awfully stiff if i set for too long. I havent done that in a very long time, so i am anxious to keep it up and to see the results.

293/117 cardio
    4 sets of plies
    Was under calories (average) all but one day, splurge Friday

Less than 3 weeks I will be in Forks, so I have been really more watchful and kicking it in gear to look my best.

Reading Twilight the past couple of days. finally made it into chapter 11 today. Something I loved both in the book and from the movie....Bella's realization of three very important things.

"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him — and I didn’t know how potent that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 9, p.195