Options
drmcclish
drmcclish Posts: 9 Member
Any good recipes or hints for this?

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Mine consisted of two weeks before surgery having 2 protein shakes a day and one meal of no more than 4oz protein and some non-starchy veggies. I could have all the sugar free jello and sugar popsicles I wanted. After the first couple of days it actually wasnt bad.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My surgeon puts everyone on a 2 week liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery. I could have 2 whey isolate protein shakes mixed with skim milk and 2 shakes mixed with water. I was allowed to eat sugar free applesauce, sugar free pudding, cream of wheat or oatmeal (sugar free low cal) and a list of approved veggies that were not starchy type veggies. I only drank three shakes and had a snack of sf pudding or sf applesauce as snacks. It wasn't too bad. I didn't cheat and my surgeon said my liver was of normal size. I think when I woke up from the surgery that is the first question I asked them cause I was curious!
    Good luck!
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    every surgeon is different so you should look to see what YOU personally are allowed if you are on a "food one" try sugar free jellys to help you fill up! :drinker:
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    for two weeks I was allowed sugar free jello, sugar free Popsicles, low sodium broth and protein shakes. As someone above me said each doctor has their own rules so if yours allows solid foods you might ask them for suggestions.
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    I had five protein shakes a day for two weeks nothing else
  • blwsaw
    Options
    I'm on the 2 week diet right now. I'm only allowed to have protein shakes and greek yogurt, also sugar free jello and popsicles. Since I hate yogurt, my nutritionist suggested adding a packet of splenda and using flavored extracts (vanilla, coconut, etc). They really help the taste for me.
  • Onaughmae
    Options
    I'm on the 2 week diet right now. I'm only allowed to have protein shakes and greek yogurt, also sugar free jello and popsicles. Since I hate yogurt, my nutritionist suggested adding a packet of splenda and using flavored extracts (vanilla, coconut, etc). They really help the taste for me.

The sugar free Torani syrups are really good too. They come in lots of flavors and I use them in my cottage cheese, yogurt, shakes, and even cook with them.
  • lisa2job
    Options
    two weeks before my surgery , my doc said 800 or less calorie diet. I was to drink 2 or 3 protien drinks a day and one small usually around 200 calorie lein cuisine meal. then 2 days before surgery clear liquids ... I am 10 days post op and still drinking soup ..... so sick of soup but only a few more days till I move onto soft foods
  • Onaughmae
    Options
    two weeks before my surgery , my doc said 800 or less calorie diet. I was to drink 2 or 3 protien drinks a day and one small usually around 200 calorie lein cuisine meal. then 2 days before surgery clear liquids ... I am 10 days post op and still drinking soup ..... so sick of soup but only a few more days till I move onto soft foods

You are almost there! I remember the first soft food I had (3 weeks after surgery) was a few bites of refried beans. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!