Attacks in Libya and Egypt

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
Last night, our embassy in Egypt was attacked, killing 1 American. They stormed in, took down our flag and put up a Muslim flag. During the night (or early this morning) our embassy in Libya was attacked, killing 4 people -- including the American ambassador. Now, Obama is apologizing to the MUSLIMS. The 11th anniversary of the Muslim attack on American soil -- and he's apologizing to Muslims. This country needs to wake up... before it's too late.

I'm seriously scared of what is going to happen in this country.

Replies

• familyof9
    Options
    As I write this the tears are streaming from my face. Deja vu, it is 1979 all over again and what I see happening in this country is exactly why my family fled Cuba in the the late 60's. I was just going to post a new topic regarding emotional eating when I saw your topic. I have been listening to the news, eating everything in sight, crying, screaming, daring people to delete me from FB if they didn't like my rant, and eating some more. Dear God, I am so scared! I am asking my MFP friends for two things. 1. Pray, pray, pray for this Country. 2. If anything stressful is causing emotional eating, please send calming, promising words as balm to the soul.

May God bless you all,
    (I promise to also pray and stop making excuses. I will fast from my emotional habits and offer the fast for this Country instead)
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    As I write this the tears are streaming from my face. Deja vu, it is 1979 all over again and what I see happening in this country is exactly why my family fled Cuba in the the late 60's. I was just going to post a new topic regarding emotional eating when I saw your topic. I have been listening to the news, eating everything in sight, crying, screaming, daring people to delete me from FB if they didn't like my rant, and eating some more. Dear God, I am so scared! I am asking my MFP friends for two things. 1. Pray, pray, pray for this Country. 2. If anything stressful is causing emotional eating, please send calming, promising words as balm to the soul.

May God bless you all,
    (I promise to also pray and stop making excuses. I will fast from my emotional habits and offer the fast for this Country instead)

I'm fighting the emotional eating too. I'm sure you have more fear than I... since you've seen this before. I pray it does not get as bad as it looks like it's going to. I'm terrified, though. Terrified that he is going to declare marshal law and stop this election.
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My heart hurts for this country. I pray for not only the USA but for the world and what's going on. We live in such a broken world.
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What will it take for Americans to wake up!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    What will it take for Americans to wake up!

I keep asking the same thing. Some people are just determined to keep their eyes closed.
  • joy4life48
    Options
    I had not heard about this till just a little bit ago and I am so saddened by our "fearless leader." Seriously, why is it that when several of our people, of Americans, get killed he thinks it's okay to apologize to the people who did it. AAAAHHHHH!!!! It makes me so mad. I am trying my hardest to just let it go and let God do what He needs to do, but it's so frustrating watching what he is doing to this country. It makes me sick.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I had not heard about this till just a little bit ago and I am so saddened by our "fearless leader." Seriously, why is it that when several of our people, of Americans, get killed he thinks it's okay to apologize to the people who did it. AAAAHHHHH!!!! It makes me so mad. I am trying my hardest to just let it go and let God do what He needs to do, but it's so frustrating watching what he is doing to this country. It makes me sick.

I don't know why he feels he has to apologize. I think he needs to start apologizing to us. We're the ones he's destroying.
  • familyof9
    Options
    I was astounded at the continuing Apology Tour. Yet, Catholics and other Pro-Life Christians do not get an apology for his attack against our religious freedom via Obama Care. I just want to scream! When, oh when, will people wake up?!
  • staciva
    staciva Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok friends, first let's all take a deep breath. I too am furious over the events in the last 24 hours. I didn't think I could be more ashamed of this President but can not believe he is right now doing a campaign stop in Vegas. He truly doesn't get the gravity of the situation. And this is unacceptable from the leader of the Free World.

BUT, we have to remember that just because our President is a wuss doesn't mean we as a nation is about to roll over and play dead. We are Americans. We are what makes the City on the Hill shiny. No one can stop us when we decide to do something. We have done it time and time again and the coming test will once again show the world just how strong we are. Obama can not stop this election. He may try, but he will not succeed.

And do NOT allow Obama to put you in a spot of where you are hurting yourself. He wins then. Are you angry? Good! Get angry! Channel that energy into a workout, scrub your floors, rip pages out of an old book, slam your pillow onto the floor, write out all your fears, frustrations, thoughts on paper, pretend you are speaking directly to Obama in the mirror. Are you scared? Fine! Be scared! Let the tears flow, call a trusted friend, pray, light candles, write out your fears, Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself from putting unwanted and unneeded calories into your body. YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!! It's ok to feel these feelings! It's ok to feel unsure. It's ok to feel angry or sad or scared. It means you are alive! And if you are alive, you can DO something!!!

The election is coming. I suggest to everyone here - call your local Romney HQ and ask how you can help. Fold flyers, make phone calls, offer to give rides to folks that may not be able to get to the polls. Talk to people you know about the election. You don't have to argue, just tell them your thoughts. If they get unreasonable, well, ok. Remind them it's ok to disagree because we live in the greatest nation in the world and we are free to disagree. Then on November 6th no matter what, go to the polls. Cast your vote and proudly pull the lever for our future.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well said, thank you.
    Ok friends, first let's all take a deep breath. I too am furious over the events in the last 24 hours. I didn't think I could be more ashamed of this President but can not believe he is right now doing a campaign stop in Vegas. He truly doesn't get the gravity of the situation. And this is unacceptable from the leader of the Free World.

BUT, we have to remember that just because our President is a wuss doesn't mean we as a nation is about to roll over and play dead. We are Americans. We are what makes the City on the Hill shiny. No one can stop us when we decide to do something. We have done it time and time again and the coming test will once again show the world just how strong we are. Obama can not stop this election. He may try, but he will not succeed.

And do NOT allow Obama to put you in a spot of where you are hurting yourself. He wins then. Are you angry? Good! Get angry! Channel that energy into a workout, scrub your floors, rip pages out of an old book, slam your pillow onto the floor, write out all your fears, frustrations, thoughts on paper, pretend you are speaking directly to Obama in the mirror. Are you scared? Fine! Be scared! Let the tears flow, call a trusted friend, pray, light candles, write out your fears, Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself from putting unwanted and unneeded calories into your body. YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!! It's ok to feel these feelings! It's ok to feel unsure. It's ok to feel angry or sad or scared. It means you are alive! And if you are alive, you can DO something!!!

The election is coming. I suggest to everyone here - call your local Romney HQ and ask how you can help. Fold flyers, make phone calls, offer to give rides to folks that may not be able to get to the polls. Talk to people you know about the election. You don't have to argue, just tell them your thoughts. If they get unreasonable, well, ok. Remind them it's ok to disagree because we live in the greatest nation in the world and we are free to disagree. Then on November 6th no matter what, go to the polls. Cast your vote and proudly pull the lever for our future.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
  • angusmike
    Options
    I recall that sand turns to glass with an appropriate application of heat.