What other exercising are you doing besides 30DS?

Options
I've been following a training schedule for a 15k in October. This week (week 5) actually ramps up in intensity where i have a day with a 3 mile, one with a 4 mile, and another with a 5 mile run (I typically run 6 and walk 2 or 3). In addition, the training schedule calls for a couple days of cross training (I bike ride). I'm doing that in addition to the 30DS. Doubt I'll do much beyond that cause frankly that's ENOUGH for someone who spent the last 18 months eating mexican and drinking margaritas and 32 ounce beers :)

So it got me to thinking - are some of you only doing 30DS for your daily exercise? Honestly at 28 minutes - that gets you right at the recommended 30 mins a day. I know some of you are doing other videos and exercise. Just curious to hear what your plans are when it comes to incorporating other exercise in during the rest of the month.

Replies

• brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yep! I exercise during lunch - five days a week - for 50 mins doing tabata, spin, and step aerobics. I've also been walking, roller skating, or biking on the weekends. 28 minutes just isn't enough for me since I've been going at it for a while... my body has adapted to probably an hour a day.
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I try to hit the gym in the morning and get in about 45-60 min of cardio and then I do my Jillian DVD at night. It kinda breaks up the exercise so my metabolism is always running and it just makes me feel better about doing just a little bit more than a 30 minute work out. With that said, I hope to actually see results.
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yoga! 2 times a week, and walking everywhere.
  • sabrina0889
    sabrina0889 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been running 3-4 times a week. No usually run 3 miles each time and then do the 30DS right after.
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Basically yes i'm only doing 30 day shred.. plus walking my dog for roughly 45 minutes every day. I wanted to keep it to just that to see if it truly works as a complete workout! Also because i've vowed that my weight loss would be a lifestyle change and something I could keep up with for the rest of my life. This is definitely something that I could keep up with and maintain for my lifetime so i'm happy with it for now. I'll let you guys know what my results are on doing only this :)
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am also putting in about 40 minutes at the gym at least 3 days a week. This week has been bad with my hubby being out of town. I get a great workout with the video but I almost feel guilty that I'm done in 20 minutes. Silly, I know. But I'm finding that the video and the gym is almost too much for my body to do everyday. I do so enjoy my treadmill time and I have noticed that my endurance is off since I haven't been going 5 days. That bugs me. I don't work out until the evenings and I'm finding that I have too much of a calorie deficient if I do both. But then I don't know what else to eat. I'm full. I'm having to do all kinds of adjustments since I started the video.