Day 1 of Induction

Well, I finally did it. Went grocery shopping last night and started off today with my eggs, avacado and tomato. I've been working out really hard since January and did my first triathlon this year, but have only lost 20lbs over the course of the last 9 months. I know I have addictions to carbs and some carbs definately lead me to binges so I really think that following this plan is going to help me a lot. Nevertheless, I am nervous because it goes against some things ingrained in my head so I'm hoping to be able to clear my mind and figure this out. I really am wanting to make it work! Glad to find a support group!

Replies

• MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    This group sometimes lacks support but I have I've befriended some low carbers and they've been my source of much needed support.

Low carb has it's restrictions but also has great benefits. Since starting low carb at the end of June I've lost 17 pounds. I'm still in induction until I lose another 10 pounds but once you're in it you'll enjoy the pounds just coming off!

Good Luck!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    The first couple of weeks are the hardest but once you get thru them you'll be glad to have stuck it out. You will have kissed your carb cravings goodbye. I'm ecstatic I no longer want to scoff down crappy carbs like candy and chips. Pasta, pizza and rice cravings are gone.

My skin is clearer, I feel more alert and my PMS has vanished. I am loving it. It's so much more than just weight loss to me.

Good luck to you.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Induction was so amazing for me because at the end of 2 weeks, I was in control of my diet....maybe for the first time ever. Your appetite and cravings will go away if you do it like you're supposed to. It helps you help yourself:flowerforyou:
  • mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    I found day 2 to be really hard. Good luck!

Be careful with the tomatoes, they are pretty high on the carb scale.