Logging in 30 day Shred work out in your exercise diary

Options
How do you plan on logging in your 30 day shred exercises in your exercise diary? I want to make sure I am giving myself the right amount of calories burned, i don't want to give too little or too much!

Replies

• gill24mac
    gill24mac Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi

I found this on the Internet -

"30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. ~ taken from Jillian Michaels website"

I don't know if it's true though!
  • campbum
    Options
    or to make it easier just do aerobic, high impact!
  • aevangelo
    Options
    Thanks, i did the math and high aerobic seems to be about the same!
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently weight 177 lbs. I have a HRM which gives me a pretty good estimate of how many calories I'm burning and I'm usually around 270-300 (on Level 2.)

For level 1 I weighed 183 lbs and I burned around 220 calories.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Keepinggoing
    Options
    I am fairly new to this workout. Can someone please tell me how heavy the weights are we should be using....or is it just up to the individual?
    Also for optimum results, should this be done on consecutive days, or should there be breaks with other forms of exercise???
  • sldendle
    sldendle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oooohhhh...I just ordered this DVD. I hope it arrives in time for this :)
  • brpainter
    brpainter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to this workout. Can someone please tell me how heavy the weights are we should be using....or is it just up to the individual?
    Also for optimum results, should this be done on consecutive days, or should there be breaks with other forms of exercise???

The weights are entirely up to the individual. When I've done this before, I have started with my 2lb weight, but by they third level I was using my 5lb weights.

Not sure about optimum results, but I know personally if I do the same workout consecutively I tend to get bored, and end up failing at my workout routines. That is why I prefer to do this a few times a week with Zumba or walking in between. If you want my very NON EXPERT opinion...This video is a combo of cardio and strength training, so you tend to lose fat, and build muscle, so you don't see a lot of weight loss. My thoughts are that if you add some straight cardio days in with this video, it might be possible to see more of a weight loss. There is my two cents :) Hope it helps you a bit!
  • MerBear30
    MerBear30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I log it in as circuit training
  • AbiJj
    AbiJj Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for that calorie calculation. Fitbit tells me I spent 500+ calories unlike the 266 calculated (and frankly more believable)

I desperately need motivating - at plateau with everything... not really listing all my foods (you know, that extra biscuit with a cup of tea)
    not really completing a proper workout - I bought this DVD in January - I didnt know who Jillian Michaels was then - am not a committed fan, but the DVD got too easy and I bought the 6 week 6 Pack DVD, and I've not yet completed a full 30 Day Shred. And the 6 week 6Pack is too hard so I start for a couple of weeks, I managed 4 weeks of 3-4-5 sessions a week before giving up again.

I hope you'll forgive me if I'm on here a lot

I'm looking forward to this challenge and seeing how you all do as well...
  • marisct8
    marisct8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have started this workout several times, but I'm determined to finishing it this time. I am currently on day 6 of level 2. I don't do them everyday, but I do cardio 3 times a week as well.

Oh and I logg it in as circuit training
  • Keepinggoing
    Options
    That's incredibly helpful, thanks so much! :smile:
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I log it in as circuit training

^^^^ This.

I so need to be more diligent about making time to do this DVD. I am only getting it in 1-2 x per week.