Welcome to the Group

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
If you've joined the group, Welcome. If not, what are you waiting for?:smile: If you are here, though, feel free to introduce yourself.

I am glad to see you all on here. I hope to get to know you all a little more in the future.

Replies

• marmalade628
    marmalade628 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to say except that I am here to loose the weight and also trade some ideas on how to do that. I am also a republican and want a BIG change in the direction of this country. So I guess I want to read about everyone's ideas about that too.
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am here to lose weight and have support from like minded individuals here on MFP. I am a Christian and politically conservative Latina originally form NYC now living in northern NJ . Former Republican but frankly both parties make me sick. I would like to see big change here in our country. Hope to get to know you all better! :flowerforyou:
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a Christian and have been Republican as long as I have voted. I'm 52 and so sad to see the direction our beautiful country is headed. I am not a big fan of politics or government as a whole. That's what I like about the Republican party -they want less government rather than more. My biggest issue as a Christian is the pro-life issue.
    I love MFP and have found some wonderful Christian friends here. Please feel free to add me if you would like.
  • VegasStage
    VegasStage Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Republicans! Good luck on your journeys! I'm restarting mine today.
  • familyof9
    Options
    Yes. I want to lose wait and YES! I love this country. I am here to build my body on my own. So excited to see this group here. I am 46 with 4 children.Oldest daughter just got married to a wonderful very conservative veteran from Iraq. All my children are Tea Party nuts and nutritional nuts as well (nuts are a good form of protein). God bless us all on our journey to better health and a more prosperous, God-loving country! I welcome all to befriend me.
  • staciva
    staciva Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Republicans!!! I am definitely looking to take back my body and my country! I am excited about my personal journey and 'America's Come Back Team' of Romney/Ryan. My story: I'm a working mom of two (daughter is 4, son is 2). I changed career paths this past January to be able to spend more quality time at home and have less stress from my job interfering with my home life. I am a self-diagnosed emotional eater and am really working on being kinder to myself when I get overwhelmed or bored. But just like our current economic situation: I need to take responsibility for the food and exercise choices I am making. It would be nice if our leadership in government would make this same pledge. Keep the faith GOP - together WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I am so glad to see you all on here. And, I'm so glad you all are telling us a little about yourself. I'm happy to meet each and every one of you.

And, while I'm here, I'll introduce myself (in case you haven't already looked at my profile). My name is Amber. I am 28 years old. My mother, who is disabled, and I live together in a small house with 2 dogs. With the way this country has gone, we can barely pay our bills some months... but, we keep trying. I'm lucky I have a job (even though it's one that I hate -- LOL). I know I'm one of the lucky ones, and I do feel blessed for that. I know we can't get things back to how it should be overnight... but, at the same time, I cannot wait until November to tell Obama that we are DONE WITH HIM, and we can at least start working on fixing this great country. I'm ready for some REAL CHANGE!!! How about you?
  • Redshoes418
    Options
    Hi Amber, my name is Athena. Am 61 years old, survivor of colon cancer 5 years this November. Was healed without chemo by a Mighty God. I am Christian, Republican and and want to lose 35 lbs. while we build our business. My husband is Nathan and we have a dog named Max. Our goal is to stay healthy and build an extra income stream so my husband can retire from FedEx. We are doing a business owned by a Christian family. You can check out www.bign.com/amoline.... Hope to chat soon. Just signed today.
  • Redshoes418
    Options
    I have always been Republican. I do not believe in abortion and I believe biblical standard of marriage between one man and one woman. God has laid it on my heart as a Christian to pray for our upcoming elections and am claiming 2 Chronicles 7:14..if my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I have always been Republican. I do not believe in abortion and I believe biblical standard of marriage between one man and one woman. God has laid it on my heart as a Christian to pray for our upcoming elections and am claiming 2 Chronicles 7:14..if my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

That is one of my favorite verses. Thank you for sharing.
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Perfect group to form for MFP. MFP is all about big positive change to better ourselves. In November, we need the same for our country. Look forward to a healthy discussion group!
  • angusmike
    Options
    Hmmm. I'm suspicious of any group that would have me for a member. :wink:

That said, I've been a Conservative since I worked for the Goldwater campaign in 1964. Still have my Goldwater button. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 2 months ago. Have to take insulin once a day but its encouraged me to lose weight and eat better.

My best to all here.
  • angusmike
    Options

My favorite is Psalm 144.
  • TougherRelic
    Options
    Hello to all, my name is Franklin and am a christian and have been a republican for a very long time. Its great to be among like minded people, I am 65 years young and need to get my weight down as I am also a diabetic. It is great to meet you all.
  • TougherRelic
    Options
    A big AMEN!
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello Americans,

My name is Peter and I will vote for any candidate who is closely aligned with my biblical beliefs and convictions. Unfortuantly, I don't see too many candidates who are all out for God. But, republicans seem to be the only option being that the democratic party has become the Godless (even God hating) party.
  • marmalade628
    marmalade628 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been on the fence between a republican and an independent for the past couple of years. I voted for McCain in 08 although I had to hold my nose doing so. I am excited to have Romney as our candidate although I know some people are not. I know that he is a good man, a man that I know believes in Jesus our Lord, and our Heavenly Father. The way Democrats are heading toward anymore with their belief's have really turned me off with their platform and their denying of a God and turning their backs on Israel. The past week has really shown to me the Presidents color's and I hope and pray that we as a people can get him out of office. If he does get back in it will be because of blindness and lost citizens that are not being guided to the right course for this country. Then there are those that do know who and what the President is and agree with his belief's which are not of my beliefs.

I pray that we can have the help of our Savior, Jesus Christ to get this man out of office and get someone in there that does believe as I do. I do not want a person that is lukewarm toward Christianity and favors Islam. God Bless this United States!
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Get out and vote tomorrow (today)!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Greetings! aedreana here, lifelong Republican. At age 15, I belonged to the Youth For Nixon group in my high school. We distributed flyers, helped out at the local campaign headquarters, held bake sales and car washes to fundraise to get our man elected. On a school field trip to the Luray Caverns, I put a quarter in the wishing well for Richard Nixon to win the election! We got to see him at a campaign rally. He and Ronald Reagan are my all-time favorite Presidents. I despise big government, the Patriot Act, Obamacare, subsidized housing/welfare, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and all infringements on pet owners' rights to own and breed animals (such as, mandatory spay/neuter, breed-specific legislation, bans on "exotics," pet "guardianship" in place of pet ownership, and "limits laws" on numbers/types of pets owned.) Our pets are our property! I believe in free enterprise and capitalism-- and "Democrat" is just a euphemism for "Communist." I don't send out individual friend requests, but I accept those sent my way. Please feel free to add me!:flowerforyou: