Maine

Options
13»

Replies

• Sunrise0923
    Sunrise0923 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Westbrook-er here ... feel free to add me :)
  • charminme
    charminme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am new to MFP, just about 10 days now so just getting the hang of the site. Glad to see so many from Maine here-after reading several posts on the main board, I thought it was dominated by Canadians!!

I am a special education teacher working in Standish, live in Hollis (middle of nowhere!). Have struggled with my weight most of my life and have been awful about tracking what I eat. Found this site, it is easy to use and I am trying to bring out my inner competitive self to keep myself motivated to fill in the food and exercise data daily! I imagine it will get more difficult next week as I am back to work.

I have two boys, ages 10 and 12, who keep my busy, a husband who lives in Albany, NY (+ and - there!) and am working on my Master's degree online. I am happy to help motivate you and God knows I need it!!

Have a great week!
    Charmen
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law did the TMC in July. It was her, her sister and a friend who did it together. Looks tough, but fun! How did you do?
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    From midcoast Maine here! Add me! :)
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Count me in, in the Lewiston Auburn area.
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    Hi~ Augusta here and anyone can feel free to add me. We all need as much support as we can get, I know I do :)
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I dont live in Maine, but feel like I should!! I go there on vacation every year, and it gets harder and harder to leave... I am actually looking at relocating up there in a year - thats how much I love it there! :happy:
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I dont live in Maine, but feel like I should!! I go there on vacation every year, and it gets harder and harder to leave... I am actually looking at relocating up there in a year - thats how much I love it there! :happy:

Where are you looking at? Maine is a beautiful state!
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Central Maine here =) Would love more motivating folks to connect with!
  • chrisd928
    chrisd928 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm from Brewer! Just recently though, I am originally from MA. Other than intending to live in Japan for a year, I am planning to stay in ME for the long haul ^_^
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Portland here! Originally from Windham though. =)
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    From New Hampshire born and raised, but I'm a Mainer for now! :) I live in Sebago, feel free to add me!
  • rebecky207
    rebecky207 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my fello mainers! Im rebecca from lakes region. To say the least theres not a whole lot going on around here and would love more local pals... so friend me & lets meet our goals.... THIS IS THE YEAR!
  • gabby840
    gabby840 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm technically "from away" :P but I've settled in Maine for good! So happy to see other people in Maine on MFP. Anyone can add me, feel free! :)
    (p.s. anyone else doing Tough Mountain in July??)

I have several friends doing the Tough Mountain and they are all trying to get me into it as well. I have never signed up for any kind of athletic feat but I have a 5k planned in June and the Beach to Beacon planned for July - those are my current goals. Are you doing it?? Meranda, by the way. 27, from Augusta. :)
  • gabby840
    gabby840 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! Meranda, 27, from Augusta, Maine! I joined MFP a little over a year ago but after a heart-crushing tragedy followed by a series of unfortunate events I fell off the bandwagon and then rode the excuse train for about a year. I'm back now with a lot more determination (and not because of some New Year's resolution) to get healthier, fit, and happy. If all goes well, I'm planning to do my first 5k in June for a cause very dear to me and the Beach to Beacon with my brother because who doesn't love a little sibling camaraderie? :)

http://www.beach2beacon.org/ -- It might kill me, I might be biting off more than I can chew, but if I don't try I'll never know!

Add me as a friend if you'd like - I could use all the support I can get!

Is anyone doing the Tough Mountain Challenge in July?
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Waterville, ME here!!! I am signed up for the 10:30am heat for Tough Mountain!! Feel free to add me!!

http://www.toughmountain.com/course.asp

p.s. Gabby and I are RL friends and I <3 her!! xoxo So *proud* of you baby!! You totally got this :)
  • Hi All, Midcoast Maine here, going to do the LifeFlight 5K in Machias in July...Anyone else in Midcoast? Chrys :happy:
  • fivecardstudpts
    fivecardstudpts Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From the Bangor, Maine area!