Plots

Options
DollyMiel
DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
Now that I've successfully passed on the evil NaNo bug to some of you guys, have any of you given thought about what you want to do this November? Even unused plots from years past, perhaps?

I'm having a hell of a time trying to work one out with my writing partner. It's hard enough figuring one out alone, but when it has to please two people enough to keep it going cooperatively for a month, it's even more of a pain. Haha.

I think I'm leaning towards fantasy adventure this year. I've always wanted to try gothic horror for NaNo, though, since I enjoy writing it but I never really get in the mood to at any other time of the year.

Replies

• Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've got a random story idea that I've been feeding all year. Right now, I'm working on outlining it at a rate of 1 scene a day.
  • spongekitty
    spongekitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought last year fell under the umbrella of Gothic Horror. Maybe we could try harder, LOL.
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    Oh, I thought last year fell under the umbrella of Gothic Horror. Maybe we could try harder, LOL.
    Very barely... I would call that more of a dark fantasy fusion with a twist of horror. XD
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't the slightest idea. ._. On the other hand, I do have all these plot bunnies waiting to be transformed into something more than a vague outline, so maybe I'll take a gander at some of them.
  • LLEB92
    Options
    I'm torn between two ideas but I'm leaning towards the idea of a vampire story
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm writing fantasy this year for the first time ever, so I'm pretty excited about that. I'd love to do some mutual brainstorming with anyone looking to bounce ideas to and fro.
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    Vampires and fantasy~ Oh my, I think I'll have a good time cheering you guys on. 8D

I thought I was jumping the gun on this whole NaNo thing but damn, October is approaching pretty fast. Is that just me?
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between two ideas but I'm leaning towards the idea of a vampire story

We can bounce ideas off each other, then. I'm working on a vampire story this year, too. :) Vampires in modern America with a twist of nontraditional heroine kicked in.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not writing science fiction or fantasy this year, which is frankly a bit scary!
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    I don't think I have what it takes to write outside my usual genres. There's a reason I write them, after all. Haha.
  • branflake123
    Options
    I'm reusing the idea I had for my very first NaNo. I thought at first that I could just start where I left off at around 25k words and take it to 75k, but the darn story just decided it wanted an entire new facelift. Looks like I'll be starting from page 1 now.

I've actually been following this great thing I read about the snowflake method of writing a story (where you build and build and build). I've skipped a couple of the steps, but hopefully when November 1 rolls around i'll have it down to practically a checklist of scenes and I can start just cranking it out. *fingers crossed* I'm really getting excited for it!