Chris Powell's Carb Cycling Solution

Options
Ok - i am really going to get strick and lose, lose, lose. I love the carb cycling solution. I have been reading his book, ok I skipped to the menu part and got that down pretty well. Now I am going back to read the whole book. Very interesting how it acutally works. A week ago I started and lost 1.5 lbs without exercising. This week I had a set back due to a side effect from my lumbar epidurals that I had over a week ago. This week I did not watch at all what I was eating or drinking, I am not a soda drinker, but this week I did. I stayed the same. I am glad but I am right back on track and going to get moving again!! On the road to a healthier wife, mother, sister, daughter, and aunt! Please if anyone should like some info on the carb cycling solution - please let me know!!

~Melissa~

Replies

• strick1and6
    strick1and6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good job at getting back to it. What is the "Carb Cycling"?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I think carb cycling is staying on low carb meals. I'd like to work on doing that, but its not sure if I'm ready for it at least for this month..maybe October, I'll try working in a couple low carb days (maybe less then 200 carbs a day) We will see how it goes..I need carbs because I'm a runner, so that also makes it challenging as well..
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think carb cycling is staying on low carb meals. I'd like to work on doing that, but its not sure if I'm ready for it at least for this month..maybe October, I'll try working in a couple low carb days (maybe less then 200 carbs a day) We will see how it goes..I need carbs because I'm a runner, so that also makes it challenging as well..

I'd like to actually know what Carb Cycling is. But I'm in the same boat. This month I am not watching anything but calories, and then I'll see how I feel in October.
  • Anewmein2014
    Anewmein2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The schedule is like this for carb cycling

Mon, Wed, & Fri are all low carb days, only eating carbs at breakfast. Then the rest of the day eating healthy foods that contain natural carbs or no carbs at all. On my low carb days, I stay under 100 net carbs (carbs-fiber-sugar alcohols).

Sun, Tues, Thurs, & Sat are all high carb days, have carbs with every meal. Healthy ones though. I tend to eat more fruit on my high carb days.

Also eat at least 5 times day,every three hours.

So far it is working for me.

the first week I lost 1.5 lbs (w/o exercising)
    second lost 2 lbs (w/o exercising)
    tomorrow is weigh in and I have been walking this week so I am hoping to lose more...