Options
Hi everybody,

I'm a relative newbie to this website and a newbie to INSANITY. Just started it on Monday (9/3/12). Feel free to "friend" me as I am looking for all the friends, support, and encouragement I can get as I journey through this crazy program.

This morning I completed my first Cardio Recovery workout and was strangely disappointed that it really was a little less insane than the other workouts! Kind of looking forward to tomorrow's workout. :)

Replies

• geo1437
    Options
    I am rather new to this site as well, but I have only 14 more workouts to complete to make it through my first round of insanity. Ifelt the same way you did my first week, maybe even the first few weeks, of the recovery video. But as I progressed, and my strenght and endurance increased, I was able to push myself more. That is when the recovery video became my friend. I'm not saying that it is easy, but it is a break from the cardio, and gives your body a chance to stretch and get stronger.

When I started month 2 and got to the recovery video I thought it was going to be similar to month 1 in terms of duration and types of excercises. WRONG. The month 2 recovery is all about build muscle especially in the upper body and core. MY chest and shoulder ache more after the recovery video, than they do from one of the "normal" videos.

I started insanity extremely out of shape, and truthfully I am still out of shape. I am alot better off than I was 6 or 7 weeks ago, but it is a process, and a long one at that. I know it is. The hardest part about insanity in my opinion is the mind game. It just seems down right dumb to do or to try and do some of the things that they are doing in the videos. Your mind tells you that you can't do it, don't even try. But, against your brain's better judgement, you try it, and you succeed...what a feeling. Soon your body starts winning the battle over your mind, and that's when things really start to happen, thats when the changes start to take place.

My body is winning that battle now. I am down 18lbs, and I can feel myself getting stronger everyday. Everyday I can go a little bit faster, do one or two more pushups, get one step closer to my goal. I know I'm going to get there, and I know that someday soon...I'm gonna be waering that damn Tshirt!.

Feel free to friend me if you would like, I love talking to people that are experiencing this as well. I can learn from them, and maybe they can learn a little from me.

Good luck, and enjoy
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Right there with you geo1437. I know I can do the things on there, but my body was telling me no, because your arms will fold and your face will hit the floor. I am now almost through my first week past the recovery week and where they do the last set of workout sets with sixteen pushups I now pause the video because I may not finish all sixteen as fast as they do, but I finish them and then continue on.

It is definitely a work in progress. I plan on taking a break once I finish this round and start the first week after doing the core cardio and balance from the recovery week and the yoga x from p90x to just let my body recover before jumping into P90X.
  • geo1437
    Options
    same here, i am going to take a one or two week break when I finish to let my body recover a bit. And when i say break i mean a break from insanity. Autumn is approaching, and in my opinion there is a more beautiful place to be in the world during the fall season than New England. My house is surrounded by nature trails, ad state parks, so my "break" will consist of hiking up some of the local mountains, and jogging some of the trails. Breath in some of that good clean crisp fall air, and then it is round 2 of insanity!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    same here, i am going to take a one or two week break when I finish to let my body recover a bit. And when i say break i mean a break from insanity. Autumn is approaching, and in my opinion there is a more beautiful place to be in the world during the fall season than New England. My house is surrounded by nature trails, ad state parks, so my "break" will consist of hiking up some of the local mountains, and jogging some of the trails. Breath in some of that good clean crisp fall air, and then it is round 2 of insanity!

A good thing to do is to try the 10 minutes trainer... I have it and it's very good ...light but effective. So during your BREAK! do this.
    It's a light 10 minutes training...cardio etc...just to keep your body active but so much less (by far)...

Anyway, just an idea :)
  • smushydani
    Options
    Today is Day 5 , and so far so good , I wake up sore and think there is no way im going to be able to do a workout that day but somehow I do and it makes me feel great. Tonight is Pure Cardio and im super scared lol ( my co-worker stated there was no breaks ) Im doing this with my fiance and both of us are eager to accomplish this. Feel free to friend me :flowerforyou:
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 5 , and so far so good , I wake up sore and think there is no way im going to be able to do a workout that day but somehow I do and it makes me feel great. Tonight is Pure Cardio and im super scared lol ( my co-worker stated there was no breaks ) Im doing this with my fiance and both of us are eager to accomplish this. Feel free to friend me :flowerforyou:

I don't know if you're using this but..I was always sore and since I take some recoup shakes I'm soooooo much better.
    You can drink it during your workout..... it's water anyway, no calories, nothing....

I use the Dymatize Elite Recoup (punch)... taste great.

Keep it up :)
  • smushydani
    Options
    I may switch to that , currently im using AMP recovery and it has at least 200 calories , but tastes like Yoo - Hoo so Its my nighttime snack ! And so far I feel it works great. Today is day 6 and its the first day im not really Sore . almost scared i didn't do enough last night because I feel so good today.
  • ajrichardson1985
    Options
    That sounds like the best recovery drink ever if it really tastes like a Yoo-hoo!! And I don't know if it's like that for everyone but I felt a lot better on day 6 than I did the first 5 days, and I found that week two I wasn't really sore at all, but I was able to do a lot more each day. Tomorrow is my second fit test, so I guess I'll see.

None of my current mfp pals are doing anything close to these kind of workouts, so if anyone wants to add me please do! It would be nice to see people doing the same thing!