Introduce yourself

Options
Arlala555
Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
Hey guys! I'm Ashley and I wanted to start this group to help motivate myself and others to start the C25K running plan. I have started it multiply times and sadly with no one to help motivate me I would always stop. I lost about 18lbs around Feb-April of this year and gained it back. This time around I would like to have an actual program to focus on because I am very schedule oriented. Last time I lost the weight all I did was light weights/ cardio 3 times a week and ate less with the focus of no sugar and fried products. This time I hope to lose 23lbs by my birthday on November the 13th! I wish everyone the very best of luck!:wink:

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sherry...I am currently on Week 2 of the C25K program, but I "run" more than 3 days a week because I love it. I started the program as a way to help me run, I am currently 80 pounds overweight and I had a hard time running more than 30 seconds at a time. This has made working up easy so far...
  • rlo1002
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my name is Robin and a friend and I just started C2 5K today! I had my second baby back in July. With my first child, I lost all of my pregnancy weight and then some within a month with no added effort on my part (hate me, I know.) For whatever reason this time around I've been holding onto this last 20lbs. I know its only been a little over 2 months but I don't like feeling big and flabby. I'm hoping to get back in shape and stay motivated. Good luck to all!
  • JOZETTI
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jozetti, I hate running, but believe it is fun. I saw this on "The Talk" with Jamie Curtis who gave a shout out for the wonderful feeling she had when completing her first 5k, so here we go. I believe anything is possible with the right attitude.
  • rogarr
    rogarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Roger, and Im on Week 4, day 2 of C25k (as of tomorrow)...nice to meet you all !
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I have "technically" completed C25k but due to several infections including chest and kidney infections I am struggling to do anything past 8mins so have decided to start at week 5 again and build up from there. My first 5k "race" is on 7th october so hoping to be fit enough to do it!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Midge and would love to join this group! I have done up to week 5 day 2 but came down with a hip injury that caused me to stop running... But feeling better and stronger so I'm going to give it my best shot!, I believe with encouragement and support from others I can do this! We all can do this!!!!!!!!!
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hi all :smile:
    my name is mariyah and im planning to start c25k today. i have 60lbs to lose altogether, hopefully 10lbs before halloween and another 10lbs before new years day, or for me, my birthday on 31st december. (these are both groups i joined in Motivation & Support forum to keep me motivated by having a goal to achieve)

and i want to be able to run! c25k plan sounds like a nice and easy way to get into it.
  • moiramab
    moiramab Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Meghann and I'm actually going to be starting the program today after work haha :) I'm just looking to get in shape and start working on endurance/stamina (of which I currently have none) and this sounds like the structure I need to follow through.

Looking forward to the official check in sunday!
  • marisct8
    marisct8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Marisa.

I already finished C25K for the second time. The first time I did it was 2 years ago and I loved it. I ran two 5k's. Then I got pregnant and busy with work. I gained 60lbs with my first pregnancy and 80lbs with the second one. First time, I had no trouble losing it. Second time, not so easy anymore.

I will be running my first 5k on Sept 23. I want to join the group so that I can stay motivated.
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you too!
  • jonesca82
    jonesca82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Christina. I have never done the C25K before but I really want to run a 5K with my husband. He is a runner and I have never been much of one but I am hoping with this program, I will be able to complete my first 5k and lose some much needed weight at the same time. Does anyone have any tips on where to get started?
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Christa. I completed C25K a couple of years ago--the first time I ever ran in my life and loved it. Life happened and I quit running and now am ready to get back to it.

I plan on starting tomorrow (9/15). Anyone else starting tomorrow?

Current Weight 166.6
    Goal Weight 130
    Height 5'3
    Age 39 and holding
  • clare5289
    clare5289 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm not new to MFP but I need some motivation this time! I'm 23 and 4'11 and 135.8 lbs. I've tried C25K before and always gave up because of shin splints. I think maybe I will try again and just go slower and redo week 1 if I have to. I'd love to do a 5K with my boyfriend and would especially love to actually want to run rather than hating every second of it! I want to try to lose 20lbs by Christmas and hopefully 15lbs by thanksgiving when I am going to a big fily wedding in Europe!

Anyway, planning on starting C25K on Sunday! :)
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all !!.I have started c25k before and got to week 3 and then just lost time and motivation. I will be running in my first 5k on Nov. 3 and I need to get my butt in gear and STOP making excuses for not finishing. Heck I've already registered for the race and told folks so now I have to put the foot to the ground and JUST DO IT!!!
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Mere (rhymes with air) and today will be W3D1 for me. This is my second time trying the c25k program. This time I am loving every run and look forward to all of my run days. I also have 5 dogs (yeah, crazy dog lady here!!) and I switch around and bring a couple along and they are really benefiting from the extra workout as well.
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Sabrina but most people call me Brina. Live in Colorado. Have started the program many times but never finished it. This time I'm going to finish it! I'll be starting with week 2 I think. But I think I will run more then just 3 times a week.