I'm posting a happy

Options
trkinsley
trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
I thought I'd add to the net positive side of the column in the group...

OK, so: I started EM2WL about 9 days ago. Despite my fear of the scale (and Lucia's advice to think about hiding it for a while), I continued to get on it every day, even though I've been getting up at the crack of dawn and I think as a result of that I will most likely come in a bit lower over the weekend. Additionally, I'm also right in the sweet spot for bloat since that lovely time is nigh. However, despite all of those confounders, here's what has happened on the scale:

150.6/150.4/150.2/150.4/149.8/149.2/148.8/149.0/148.2

So, I'm down 2.4 lbs eating an average of 2200 calories. I was miserably bloated from a pizza and other crap food fest while visiting my family with that first number, but I'll take the outcome regardless. I've been wearing the BMF for the last week and calculated my average TDEE right around 2700, and I'm planning to see where I'm at this weekend--if I'm dropping too much too quickly, I will add another 50 calories daily on average and go from there.

I'm just so relieved that I can EAT. I was recently eating 1600 calories a day while doing Insanity and Chalene Extreme (as a hybrid, usually not on the same day) and nothing was really budging. Prior to that, I lifted 6-7 days/week 3 hours a day to my daily max every day doing clean and jerks, snatches, and front squats only with an occasional round of back squats when injured. During THAT time, I slowly crept up on the scale from 63kg to 68+kg (138-150+, the highest number I saw was 154.8 which about made me $*** a brick) despite eating less than 1450 calories daily.

I also have a FB group (I'm a coach) and I'm telling all my clients to go to EM2WL and join up. They are (mostly) embracing the idea whole-heartedly. I'm so glad I found you all. Thank you.

Tina

Replies

• heatherS8
    Options
    Nice job! It sounds like you're off to a great start. Yay for eating!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Love to read EM2WL happy stories :)

Glad it's working for you so far and great to see you spreading the word and that it's being well received :flowerforyou:
  • wendy5820
    Options
    tina, this is just great!! luv my coach :)
  • trkinsley
    Options
    Love you, Wendy. Glad you joined this group too!

This morning, with full on tom bloat, I was at 147.8. That's pretty damned impressive after eating fuddrucker's for dinner last night. Eating out used to blow me up for a couple of days, minimum. It seems like my body is becoming more able to handle fluxes in what's coming in without making me feel like a sausage the next day. I'm really glad I stumbled across this concept. I'm starting to feel like I have a much more peaceful coexistence with food, and I'm not tripping out over the scale number (of course, it's not going up so that helps).
  • santa_nethy
    Options
    Sounds great! I started EMTWL about a week ago, and as Aunt Flo is about to visit and I'm bloated, decided I'd wait until next Sunday to weigh myself. I hope its a positive result for me. Finger's crossed

Well done on your weight loss and glad its working for you!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration! Keep us posted!
  • trkinsley
    Options
    147.4 this morning. I might need to eat more if this keeps up. I can't believe I'm saying that.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:smile: