Diet break...What do you eat?

Options
amberaz
amberaz Posts: 328 Member
I am starting my diet break today. Going out for anniversary dinner tonight, so I won't have a problem filling my calories tonight, but I am thinking about the rest of the week. I am starting the heavy phase of Chalean Extreme tomorrow, so I am considering just adding a 250 calorie protein shake on those days, which will use up most of my extra calories. I don't know if I can do that every day though, I kind of hate protein shakes :sick: I know I will make brownies one day this week, too. The family has been asking for them for a while now.

So anyway, do you eat a lot of treats, eat more healthy food, or just eat whatever you feel like?

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have never taken a diet break. I pretty much eat what I want now. But for ME I guess a diet break would be not to count or log any calories . Fried chicken would be on my list with the skin! Also Brownies with chocolate icing and chocolate chips. Hmm now I'm hungry! AGAIN!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about eating at your current maintenance for a bit? When I did, I just ate how I always do. Just made portion sizes a little larger, ate more calorie dense foods (nuts, etc.), and in general ate a little more.

Have a great dinner tonight!
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Eat more healthy is what I do. And honestly, there are so many amazing protein shake recipes out there and you barely taste the protein. My go to shake is a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a frozen banana (or half of one depending on how many calories you need to make up), 8 ounces of NF milk, 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter (again based on how many calories you need to get in). I've seen recipes for cake batter protein shakes and even a girl scout thin mints one. You've got to jazz those suckers up. And now, I look forward to one and tell myself it's tasty but way better than going to Wendy's to get a chocolate frosty...you know.

Now don't get me wrong, even when I'm on a cut, I allow treats. I just don't overdo them anymore.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've only taken one diet break up to now, albeit it lasted 4 weeks! I ate more nuts, avocados, olive oil and drank a mug of hot chocolate most evenings and maybe a biscuit/cookie here and there. It was also great not to stick with the lower calorie items on a menu.

I tried to make sure that the extra calories (300) a day were not made up of bulky items apart from the days the ravenous hunger hit. I chose mostly calorie dense items because I didn't want to get used to extra volume. I tell you, even having said that, it hurt to cut again and I can't wait to go back to TDEE again....4 weeks tomorrow I head off to Florence for a few nights and will count that as my break - won't be logging either so I'm sure I'll be over every single day.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I take a break from eating deficit about every 8 weeks. I eat TDEE for a week. I log and I eat basically what I always eat, just more. After all, I don't view this as a Diet . It's life. I choose what I eat. I've made changes to my eating habits so there isn't anything I go crazy with since nothing is off limits.
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    After all, I don't view this as a Diet . It's life. I choose what I eat. I've made changes to my eating habits so there isn't anything I go crazy with since nothing is off limits.

THIS!