Keto foods

Options
So any one know of any good keto snacks that are low carb and high fat that take little to no prep? Thanks guys!!

Replies

• SFBarbear
    Options
    Slim Jim's
    Macadamia nuts
    Various Cheeses
    Boiled Eggs
    Coconut Oil Mock Latte
    Coco whipped Cream sweetened with Equal
    Chicharones
  • smylee1173
    Options
    The unsweetened Cocoa mixed with Whipped cream is my favorite.
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    pork rinds of different flavors are excellent. Almonds are also good but with them as with any nuts watch the serving sizes because the calories will creep up quickly. Pre cooked bacon is also not a bad choice.
  • DannyJAlbers
    Options
    Anything bacon

Pork rinds

Heavy sour cream dips with cauliflower

Natural nut butters or a small amount of nuts

Bulletproof coffee

Peperoni

Cheeses, get lots of nice exotic hard cheeses, mmm
  • dickymint678
    dickymint678 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks with peanut butter or almond butter wedged in!

Brazil nuts.

Sliced cheese and sliced ham, turkey or chicken (or all of them!) rolled up - edam or gouda style works well as they don't break when rolled.

Oh, yes I forgot, corned beef with cheese slice - now I'm salivating.....
  • 56waukazoo_KD
    Options
    Thanks for the snack tips....new at this, and having a hard time getting my fats up and keeping my proteins down.
  • dickymint678
    Options
    It takes a little time to get a good balance.

I found that I had to use full fat cream, nut butters, oil and butter to keep the fats well ahead of the protein.

I'm reasonably consistant now at 75% Fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs, but I have to watch carefully!

I have seen that when I have a real low carb day (2-3%) it pays big dividends with fat loss but have to keep to protein in check as well.
  • norabolt
    Options
    Cheese chips are super-yummy! I make them at the end of the day if I haven't higt my fat/calorie goal. You can make them out of parmesan, cheddar.... lots of different cheeses. I just fry it in a pan and flip it when the cheese melts together. Makes a yummy crispy snack that really boosts your fat count when you need it.
  • dickymint678
    Options
    AKA Cheesy fry-its, yummy.

Done 'em for years - initally to lose much of the fat content - but now just for the pleasure.

Great recommendation...

+1
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    AKA Cheesy fry-its, yummy.

Done 'em for years - initally to lose much of the fat content - but now just for the pleasure.

Great recommendation...

+1

How do I log that?
  • norabolt
    Options
    Just measure the cheese. There isn't anything extra - I make maybe 1 cup of cheese to round out my fat content for the day. I simply log it as 1 cup of whatever type of cheese I use.