long haul

Options
Today I think of how far I have to go with the pounds. My motivation is nil even though I try to think healthy. It seems such a long way when you look at how much you have to lose. My new theory is to take it one day at a time and remember that Rome was not built in a day.

Replies

• coldiron50
    coldiron50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's great to acknowledge those feelings and then put your plan in place I think once you sort them out. The motivation that you need is there, you just have to figure out what that is going to be :-) When you do that, you will have struck gold, and then you can pass it on to the rest of us! Being patient is really hard when your expectations are high, so I lowered mine, maybe due to age, I don't know...but I am fine with a small weight loss..some weeks none, some weeks half a pound, but just staying focused on eating the best I could and getting active every day. After a while, I began to see that I was thinking along healthy lines instead of cheating lines :-) And that is really the reason to begin this journey, for me, to get back on a better track. Monthly goals were better for me than long term, as well. Little by little...:-) You are already on your way to change...keep goin' because you are worth it !