Restarting Post-Injury

Options
cowgirlashlee
cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
Hello fellow C25K-ers!

I sprained my ankle last night while on Week 3 Day 1 and I was just wondering what everyone else has done once released from their injury? I'm planning to do some time on a stationary bike to keep my cardio conditioning up, and I do strength and core training regardless.

Should I start back at Week 1 Day 1, or try to tough it out back at week 3 when I am clear to come back? I know cardiopulmonary wise I will be able to handle it, but I'm wondering if it's better to stick to the slower pace or not? My doctor has said, "Do what feels right."

Replies

• mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    No expert, but I would start out with a week of walking and see how you feel. You don't want to sprain it again because it is weak from previous. Good luck and let us know how it goes...
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would restart, no need to push, some short durations of running will give you the opportunity to see how it respnds.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I would start at week 1 and if it is too easy, move in to week 2, week 3 ect.. Like Don C said, there is no reason to push forward and risk prolonging your injury (says the girl who hasn't run for 6 weeks due to a running injury).
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was actually going to ask the same thing- I am healing a stress fracture on top of my foot right now....good to see the answers.