Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Restarting Post-Injury

cowgirlashlee
cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
Hello fellow C25K-ers!

I sprained my ankle last night while on Week 3 Day 1 and I was just wondering what everyone else has done once released from their injury? I'm planning to do some time on a stationary bike to keep my cardio conditioning up, and I do strength and core training regardless.

Should I start back at Week 1 Day 1, or try to tough it out back at week 3 when I am clear to come back? I know cardiopulmonary wise I will be able to handle it, but I'm wondering if it's better to stick to the slower pace or not? My doctor has said, "Do what feels right."

Replies

• mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    No expert, but I would start out with a week of walking and see how you feel. You don't want to sprain it again because it is weak from previous. Good luck and let us know how it goes...
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    I would restart, no need to push, some short durations of running will give you the opportunity to see how it respnds.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    I would start at week 1 and if it is too easy, move in to week 2, week 3 ect.. Like Don C said, there is no reason to push forward and risk prolonging your injury (says the girl who hasn't run for 6 weeks due to a running injury).
  • FloridaAimee
    FloridaAimee Posts: 295 Member
    I was actually going to ask the same thing- I am healing a stress fracture on top of my foot right now....good to see the answers.