First Week Down - Update and Random Questions

Options
So even though it wasn't he original plan I took the whole weekend off from 30DS. I'm glad I did though - I think I needed the break. Will probably continue to do it 5 on 2 off for a duration of 6 weeks. Looking forward to knocking out this mornings workout and using some heavier weights. Actually hoping to feel sore - never thought I'd hear myself saying THAT!!! :-)

How did y'all do this weekend?

I am super pumped this morning! I weighed in and lost a little bit (about 1.5 pounds) - but what I'm super excited is that in only two weeks of being on MFP I have already lost 2.5 inches from my hips (I'm all hips, butt and thighs as you can tell from my pics!!!). Most of that has been in the last week since starting 30DS. I also just ordered her RI30 video and her killer legs one. I'll probably start the RI30 right after I finish the 30DS.

Also - I keep seeing an ad on here for something called Daily Burn - looks like an online workout video source. Have any of you tried it?

Replies

• chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss and inches lost!! I've also lost 2.5 lbs since starting 30DS! I completed day 8 this morning (I only took one day off). I've also biked, ran or power walked most days. I'm not measuring inches lost until the end of 30DS. I've also cut back entirely on added sugars in my diet and upped my protein intake, and I'm feeling great!! I'll be doing RI30 right after 30DS as well!

Let's all keep up the great work! HAPPY SHREDDING!!!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good work!! Today will be day 7. We took friday off and were gonna do it yesterday but my roomate was downstairs with her boyfriend all day (downstairs is where we do our workouts) and by the time they left we were already gone to a BBQ which we only came back from at 9... we'll do it straight through this week and by thursday we should be moving onto Level 2 which scares me half to death!! I think 5 days on and 2 days off is a good idea!! I wouldn't be able to do 2 days off in a row though because I think I wouldn't find the motivation to start back up after 2 days!! We'll see how it goes for us!!
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's awesome with the lost inches and weight. I've moved up to Circuit 2 since this is my Day 10 and felt like I was starting all over because of how different it is from Circuit 1. I worked out all weekend as well.

Unfortunately, even though I said I wouldn't do it, I jumped on the scale and saw that I haven't lost any weight... and in addition to that, I've gained an inch in circumference in my arms. My arms are huge and they just keep getting larger. :(
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    Are you certain you're measurement the same exact area of your arm? Could also be that you're building up the muscle there - which is a good kind of increase. The more muscle you have - the faster your metabolism :)

Also - heard it was common to not lose any/much weight the first couple weeks you do this - then after that it should go back to normal or even faster losses.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Are you certain you're measurement the same exact area of your arm? Could also be that you're building up the muscle there - which is a good kind of increase. The more muscle you have - the faster your metabolism :)

Also - heard it was common to not lose any/much weight the first couple weeks you do this - then after that it should go back to normal or even faster losses.

I hope that is the case because my arms are my problem area. They won't decrease in size at all and make me look top heavy. :(
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    I'm sure glad I had a rest day on Sunday, it gave me new energy and motivation to continue. I had to convince myself on Friday and Saturday to do my exercises and I think it was partly because it was too tough and boring to do the same thing every day. So I have decided to mix it up a bit. I'm going to be doing Jillian's 'Killer buns and Thighs' twice a week (on Wed and Sat) instead of 30DS. The completion of 30DS will take a bit longer, but I'm in no rush.