Weight Loss Incentives??

spaceEF
spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
I am curious as to if anyone does any personal incentives for themselves for each "mini goal" conquered? Last night I sat down and came up with little rewards for myself for each loss in 5 pound increments up to my goal, and then one bonus in case I go over my goal. I really feel that this will help me because if I don't meet the goal, I'm not going to let myself have the reward anyway, and I have my husband to help me enforce it :glasses:

Just for my own edification and satisfaction:

- 5lbs=Mani/pedi w/ husband
-10lbs=New outfit for family pictures at the end of October & TCBY Date!:heart:
-15lbs= Massage
-20lbs= New hairstyle & Mellow Mushroom Pizza Date!:flowerforyou:
-23lbs= (GOAL ACHIEVED) 2-3 new outfits :love: :love:
(one of which will be new church dress) [&maybe a few makeup counter tips and a couple new products.]
-25lbs=Bonus would be new Temple dress.

It all really just seems a lot more doable when I put it this way! HAHA and look at all those rewards! :bigsmile:

Replies

• JoyfulToday
    JoyfulToday Posts: 22 Member
    Oh I totally do this too!! Its really helpful for a lot of people, but I know a few who it doesn't work on, so everyone is different! I recently had a competition with my mom- whoever lost 10 pounds first got a "shopping spree"! That was definitely the motivation I needed and having a goal attached to something I really wanted was important in those weak moments of staring at a menu and knowing you can't get what you really feel like eating. I will try to think of something to use as motivation this time around!
  • Liekel
    Liekel Posts: 16 Member
    My rewards are;

5lbs a DIY facial and a hot chocolate within my calorie allowance
    10lbs a meal with friends I haven't seen in a long while
    15lbs a treat from lush
    20lbs buy myself a small piece of clothing or jewellery
    25lbs have a nails done I'm hoping this will coincide with my birthday and Xmas
  • spaceEF
    Oh I totally do this too!! Its really helpful for a lot of people, but I know a few who it doesn't work on, so everyone is different! I recently had a competition with my mom- whoever lost 10 pounds first got a "shopping spree"! That was definitely the motivation I needed and having a goal attached to something I really wanted was important in those weak moments of staring at a menu and knowing you can't get what you really feel like eating. I will try to think of something to use as motivation this time around!

Awesome reward with your Mom! I hope you win! :laugh: I'm sure you can think of something just as motivating this time around. It's a long challenge!
  • spaceEF
    My rewards are;

5lbs a DIY facial and a hot chocolate within my calorie allowance
    10lbs a meal with friends I haven't seen in a long while
    15lbs a treat from lush
    20lbs buy myself a small piece of clothing or jewellery
    25lbs have a nails done I'm hoping this will coincide with my birthday and Xmas

WOOHOO!!! Those look like great rewards!! I know seeing all of those little goals sure help me. I wanted to get frozen yogurt so badly this weekend, BUT since it's one of my rewards, nope couldn't do it! :blushing: