• minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    153lbs
  • SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Slick Daddy Cool:

Can I wait until Thursday, which will be a week from the day I first posted my weight?

I did three14/10 days last week, but I ate two desserts yesterday and am afraid I'll have gone up. :embarassed:

But whatever's easier for you.

I joined this group to make myself accountable. Now I hate being accountable. :laugh:

Honestly...

I would suggest you put your weight for today. It sort of defeats the purpose of a weigh in day if we start moving it around. I understand that you were late to weigh in originally, but....ehhhhhh.....

This is a long weight loss group. (16 weeks I think) So I wouldn't be too worried about the first few weigh ins.

You'll be fine and thanks for being an active poster!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Slick Daddy Cool:

Can I wait until Thursday, which will be a week from the day I first posted my weight?

I did three14/10 days last week, but I ate two desserts yesterday and am afraid I'll have gone up. :embarassed:

I joined this group to make myself accountable. Now I hate being accountable. :laugh:

Honestly...

I would suggest you put your weight for today. It sort of defeats the purpose of a weigh in day if we start moving it around. I understand that you were late to weigh in originally, but....ehhhhhh.....

This is a long weight loss group. (16 weeks I think) So I wouldn't be too worried about the first few weigh ins.

Thanks!

OK.
  • SlickDaddyCool
    Options
    Slick Daddy Cool:

Honestly...

Thanks!

OK.

Wow, your quick! I honestly edited like 10 seconds after posting the original!
  • mfpcopine
    Options

[19% bf% -- for my records]

Up two pounds since Thursday.
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    157.5 :noway:
    Too much partying this weekend... probably/hopefully mostly water....
  • thaphatdiva
    thaphatdiva Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Couldn't get enough exercise in due to having a lupus flare up. Oh, well..new week

Great losses, everyone!
  • cpsdcarroll
    Options
    pretty steady 2-3 lbs a week is what I'm shooting for

steady energy in the gym, giant leangains meals, pura vida
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    160--Gained a pound--back--that sucks:sad:
    Tightening the belt--& moving forward :wink:
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I always round up/down so that I don't obsess over the small changes in my weight. Since women tend to see their weight fluctuate somewhat anyway, I'm just wondering if there is a particular reason why some choose to count 0.1 or so pounds? I'm not trying to pick on anyone or say it's wrong, I'm honestly curious
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Slick Daddy Cool:

Honestly...

Thanks!

OK.

Wow, your quick! I honestly edited like 10 seconds after posting the original!

My scale was nearby and I decided to bite the bullet. :frown:
  • mfpcopine
    Options

I always round up/down so that I don't obsess over the small changes in my weight. Since women tend to see their weight fluctuate somewhat anyway, I'm just wondering if there is a particular reason why some choose to count 0.1 or so pounds? I'm not trying to pick on anyone or say it's wrong, I'm honestly curious

My scale weighs in increments of .5. For a small person, .5 of a pound is significant. But even if I were a larger person I'd post the number the scale gave me in the interest of precision and consistency.
  • SlickDaddyCool
    Options

My scale weighs in increments of .5. For a small person, .5 of a pound is significant. But even if I were a larger person I'd post the number the scale gave me in the interest of precision and consistency.

I agree with mfpcopine's reasoning. Of course your free to post how ever you choose. I'm sure not everyone has a digital scale either. So to each his or her own!
  • mfpcopine
    Options

I agree with mfpcopine's reasoning. Of course your free to post how ever you choose. I'm sure not everyone has a digital scale either. So to each his or her own!

I imagine it doesn't matter if one is consistent. As I said, I always use the .5 increments on my Tanita scale. I also always weigh myself under the same conditions: In the morning before eating. The longer-term reports that I get from sites on which I input data tell the longer-term story.

For example, I realized that although my weight has bounced up and down,since last Christmas I've been down an average of four pounds since my holiday high weight (I hate the holidays, at least the overabundant food). Considering I suffered a bad ankle sprain last February and have been sedentary, to have maintained a four-pound loss for nine months is really pretty good.

Is it a major success? No. But it's worth crediting, especially because the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to lose.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am away so can't weigh in this week or next! I am eating slightly over one day so I can eat gelati and blow out a bit, and then under the next , so hopefully it will at least not be a gain when I get back. I am running at least 5 miles a day too.
  • sassi5
    Options
    148 :)
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    134.5... :happy:
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options

I agree with this as well.

The way I see it is this, I know I'm going to have fluctuations daily (or weekly). My scale goes in .2 increments. It simply is what it is (for me). I'd rather see small tiny losses each week, then rounding the number. I worked hard for the 2oz I lost from last week!! If I rounded it, it would show the same weight.... bleh! I'll take every ounce I get (gain or loss) :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.