Just ordered

Options
ljoa08
ljoa08 Posts: 3 Member
Hi,

I am new here and just ordered the chalean extreme program. I also ordered the powerblock sportblocks from Amazon. Just looking for words of encouragement about the program and about what I can realistically expect from it! I know I won't look like the models after one round! I have tried several diets and can't seem to stick with it. I also tried power 90 and found it annoying. (No offense to those who love Tony!) I just really am fed up with my body and want to make a positive change to my self esteem. Thank you all for listening!

Tisha

Replies

• neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I ordered Chalean Ex and hoping it comes soon. Not quite sure what to expect. I've never seen/heard of the powerblock sportblocks before. Have you used/seen them previously? Let me know how you like them.

I have tried P90X, I liked them, didn't love them enough to continue.

jane
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just finished up the last week of Burn Circuit, which is the first Circuit. I loved it...I haven't weighed yet nor have I measured, which I will do this weekend, but I do feel stronger! I started w/ 3lb, 5lb and 8 lb weights and ended the first circuit w/ primarily 8lb, 10, 12 and even a couple that I do 15lb weights w/.

You'll love it....
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Hi, I ordered Chalean Ex and hoping it comes soon. Not quite sure what to expect. I've never seen/heard of the powerblock sportblocks before. Have you used/seen them previously? Let me know how you like them.

jane

I have the PowerBlock SportBlock 24 which is the smaller set. I love them so far. They aren't big and bulky like the Bowflex set I tried at the store. They have a much smaller profile so I don't have to hold them at an odd angle and they fit my hands comfortably. If I ever need heavier, I would probably stick with the PowerBlock brand.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I just completed Round 1 and loved it! I also have the PowerBlocks (the bigger ones) and they work quite well, though some of the moves can be a little odd using them but they are okay, for the most part. I did like the fact that I had all the weights I needed on hand so when I wanted to go heavier, I could without having to run to the store to pick up more free weights.
  • ljoa08
    Options

jane

I have the PowerBlock SportBlock 24 which is the smaller set. I love them so far. They aren't big and bulky like the Bowflex set I tried at the store. They have a much smaller profile so I don't have to hold them at an odd angle and they fit my hands comfortably. If I ever need heavier, I would probably stick with the PowerBlock brand.

Thanks for the info! I ordered the 24. I'm glad they are working for you. Beachbody is saying my DVDs should be here by Saturday! I'm excited to get started. Could anyone tell me the basics of the eating plan so I could start that even before the DVDs get here? It would be greatly appreciated.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like the reviews of the PowerBlocks compared to the Select Techs. I think you will be happy with them. I did not follow the meal plan, so I am no help there- just wanted to encourage you to begin your program. I started it back in the spring and am just now starting my second round. LOL

I LOVE CLX. I really like her energy- although I think she tries a little too hard to be 'hip' in them... whats up with the gold lame' in Lean 2? LOL I really like her and am even doing Fire Starter- so I can work up to Turbo Fire.
  • chojolitos
    Options
    Hi,

I am new here and just ordered the chalean extreme program. I also ordered the powerblock sportblocks from Amazon. Just looking for words of encouragement about the program and about what I can realistically expect from it! I know I won't look like the models after one round! I have tried several diets and can't seem to stick with it. I also tried power 90 and found it annoying. (No offense to those who love Tony!) I just really am fed up with my body and want to make a positive change to my self esteem. Thank you all for listening!

Tisha
    Welcome to CLX group we are happy to have here. You will like this program!!! I'm in my 4 week of push:mad: . I hope to see you around??
    Best regards ,
    Vio
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    OH great, gold láme...my favorite! :sick: NOT.

I got my video's today. Trying to convince myself to finish my JM 30DS. I am about to start level 3- I am really tired of looking at her though and doing the SAME thing over and over. And feeling like death is tapping me on the shoulder.

Yes, I will have that here, but seems like many more workouts that I may not get as bored. Any thoughts?
  • ljoa08
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind welcomes! My DVDs came in the mail late yesterday! I hope to begin my journey soon! I need to read over the info and look at what the meal plan consists of. It basically looks like the standard low calorie, low carb/fat, high protein diet. Can any of you wonderful ladies tell me approximately how long the videos are? I would like to know so I can decide how to plan my day-workout in the morning or the evening.

Thanks!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The weight lifting DVD's are only about 35 minutes w/ the warm-ups so they aren't too bad....

The first couple of weeks I also did the Burn Intervals and that other DVD and one is 30 an one is 45 minutes and I think the ab one is 10 minutes long.....I got bored doing them.....so I have put my TF DVD's in their place.....I just started PUSH this week and so far love it....

good luck.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Also just ordered ChaLEAN Extreme!!!

After completing JMBR, I looked for a new program and decided on this one because all the great comments.

Keep the tips coming!!!

Schedule question - I can only workout Monday thru Friday, for aprox. 30 min (i realize 1 dvd is 4o min), can I alter the program schedule to fit my schedule?