Workouts

Options
I don't have the latest addition of VI Phase 1. My copy is a year old, but the newest version has a mistake. I'm not sure what page. I'm going to see if I can download the latest version. Anyway a couple of girls at the gym just started it recently and you get to a page where the pattern is different and you know it's wrong. Follow the normal pattern for the circuit.

Anyway I thought I'd post this thread to talk about workouts.

I'm on Phase 3 Week 10 Day 2 today, OMG the last exercise is Reverse Lunge Step Up and Press... LOL. Step Up and Press by itself is still hard enough.. does not matter I'm ready to go TEAR IT UP at the gym! RAWR!

Have a great day beautiful Venus ladies. :)
-Ro

Replies

• TinaLRoman
    TinaLRoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The mistake is on Week 2 Day 2. It says 3 sets for each exercise. Because the exercises are already repeated 3 times, it should be 1 set for each exercise.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    The mistake is on Week 2 Day 2. It says 3 sets for each exercise. Because the exercises are already repeated 3 times, it should be 1 set for each exercise.

Thanks Tina. :)

I finished P3 W10 D2 I'm ready for a nap. :) Awesome though.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Okay off to do VI P3 W10 D3. Ready for an awesome burn!

Happy Sunday everyone. :)

Tina I'm proud of you. You are moving right along. :) Steady as can be.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I saw that mistake cause I completed that workout yesterday. Is it just me or does 60 seconds seem like a long time in between the workouts? Maybe its because I can't challenge myself the way I need to (waiting on my adjustable dumbbells still).
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up! I am just starting VI. Woohoo!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    I saw that mistake cause I completed that workout yesterday. Is it just me or does 60 seconds seem like a long time in between the workouts? Maybe its because I can't challenge myself the way I need to (waiting on my adjustable dumbbells still).

Melissa when you get bigger weights you will need the 60 seconds. For now, don't wait the 60 seconds if you aren't being pushed hard enough. No reason to waste time. -Ro
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    How long is each phase?
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    How long is each phase?

Each phase is 12 weeks. But I go through mine fast. Phase 1 & 2 are 3 days a week but I do them back to back (workout 5-6 days a week).

Phase 2 has some "blocks" and can be interchanged with other workouts like circuits or specializations. This is my first time though phase 3, it was only recently released. And I'm running through it quicker as well but it's 4 days a week, one week was 5 days, and it's considerably more advanced and many of the workouts were 90 minutes or longer. I'm just having to cut out a little cardio for time restraints. I have the Adonis workouts too (for the guys) and I interchange some of those blocks. Once you get the feel for it you can build your own routines, they are like building blocks.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    I'm on the final count down of finishing phase 3
    Today was all supersets, it took me 2 hours! And I kept getting interrupted so I was actually at the gym 2.5 hours. I had to skip cardio because I was really hungry. I will do a nice long run outside here in the mountains tomorrow morning - up and down the hill, nice and easy, usually takes me about 70 minutes.

VI Phase 3 Module 3: week 11 Day 1
    Dips + Flat Dumbbell Press 3 13+13
    Concentration Curl + Double Raise 3 13+13
    Double Press+ Lateral and Curl 3 13+13
    Curl and Overhead Extension+ Concentration Curl and Kickback 3 13+13
    Stiff Leg Deadlift and Squat + T-Bend And Bench Step 3 13+13
    Reverse Lunge and Step Up+ T-Bend Deadlift 3 13+13
    Deadlift and Row+ Curtsy Lunge and Single Lateral Raise 3 13+13
    Bulgarian Split Squat and Press+ Squat and Press 3 13+13

How is everyone else doing?
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well. I start week 3 today (phase 1). I really like the workouts, though evidently it is time for a weightloss plateau. I'm not really losing inches either (which is a bummer).
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    I'm doing well. I start week 3 today (phase 1). I really like the workouts, though evidently it is time for a weightloss plateau. I'm not really losing inches either (which is a bummer).

Hang in there Melissa. This is what happens. Patience patience patience. This is when you keep in mind your last victory, NSV or otherwise, and you ride it till the next, constantly thinking of two things; Eat Less, Move More. Nothing else matters. If you keep those two things going every day, day in, day out, it all falls into place. There is nothing exciting about the process. The victories get more and more exciting and that is all, long periods of discipline and patience in between.

I went for a long run today. It felt good and was beautiful outside.