Ran my first 5k!

Options
I was soooo nervous about running my first 5k this past weekend since I have only finished Week 3 day 2 of C25K.

Well, I did it, and I finished under my goal! My goal was to finish under 40 min and I did! I'm still waiting for the final numbers to be emailed to me, but I am so happy. I was able to run almost 1 full mile before having to slow down to a brisk walk. After that I'd run probably .25 of a mile, walk for 30 secs or so, run, walk, etc. It was so exhilarating. I've already signed up for my next one at the end of October!!

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • nicolemarie1978
    nicolemarie1978 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just saw that results are posted! Finished in 36:54! SO HAPPY!
  • jamesja1
    jamesja1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    awesome! i ve signed up for my first 5k in november and i just started training this week. hope i do as well as you did! great job!
  • nicolemarie1978
    nicolemarie1978 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!

Just set a goal for yourself and try your hardest to get there! The 5k I did is huge, thousand of people (CVS Caremark 5K in RI), and it was super exciting to be a part of it!
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Me and my hubby run our first 5k on Saturday!! Run for Recovery. So excited. I never, in a million years, would have thought that we would be running, much less a 5k.

Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • lldem
    lldem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and WTG in beating your pesonal goal! So motivational... I finished C25k the beginning of Sept and I'm in my first 5 km in Nov. Can't wait.
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations! I completed my 1st on Saturday, it's an amazing feeling to cross that finish line isn't it!