Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When does the pain go away ;) (doms)

I am pretty fit (or so I thought), and used to working out 5-7 times a week. Lifting, some cardio, heavy bag kickboxing. I have been having a hard time putting on muscle, so I am trying crossfit. I am or course hooked and disappointed every time I can't RX (which is 90% of the time).

Doing 3x a week and I am so sore. I enter class with a sore body part from the previous class. Then I have a new sore body part just as the other one is feeling good again. While I'm still able to workout, my performance is hindered because I can't go all out.

It's sick, but I love the feeling of DOMS in that I know I'm doing my body good. It isn't so bad that I can't wash my hair or am unable to workout - but a constant "hello" kind of pain. Been doing this for about a month and the soreness just keeps rotating from body part to body part.

After a month I would have thought my body would not be such a wuss?

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Nah, I don't think it ever goes away ;o), especially for the 40+ group :laugh:
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement. At least I know It isn't just me.
    I told the coaches, I was in shape before I came here - you guys broke me. They said that is what they are paid to do - and thanks for the compliment. ugh.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    as far as I can tell it never goes away! some part of me has been sore every day for 6 months now. And I love it :happy:
  • Tsoper
    Tsoper Posts: 12 Member
    I think that is the beauty of Crossfit, constant challenge! I don't think that I ever want the pain to go away. I may have a week or two soreness free, but then I try to push myself to lift more or to go faster & that means a sore next couple of days. :)
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    2 years in and I still get sore, it never goes away :drinker:
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    I get worried if I'm not sore because it means I could have pushed myself harder.
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    What everyone said. I feel like I cheated myself if I'm not in pain. PAIN IS PLEASURE! :) Or at least tell yourself that :)
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    the pain/soreness never goes away, but after the first couple months it got easier to work through the pain. My first couple times at Crossfit, I couldn't even lift my arms to brush my teeth. Now, I'm sore but I can function. I used to never think I could go 3-5 days in a row, but now I can.

It never stops hurting, but you get used to it!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 682 Member
    I think that is the beauty of Crossfit, constant challenge! I don't think that I ever want the pain to go away. I may have a week or two soreness free, but then I try to push myself to lift more or to go faster & that means a sore next couple of days. :)

i don't get it. you can't push yourself to lift more or go faster without crossfit?
  • nil8r
    nil8r Posts: 45 Member
    Crossfit is that constant reminder of muscles you never knew existed. :)
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    I agree^^^
  • The pain for me almost never go away. As I train I find my self getting stronger adding more weight and moving faster. It continues to challenge my body everyday. Just embrace the pain lol.
  • I go 5 days a week and depending on what the WODs are that week I may be more sore than usual or less sore than usual. However, I'm never not sore. I had a really bad week last month where I felt a little bit like crying every day. I was so sore I could barely lift my arms. That was the worst week yet. Overall, I've discovered that I'm just always sore but I'm used to it now!